61 replies to this topic

#51 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,407 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Sun Mar 4, 2018 4:50 PM

Unless I miss my guess, the person that pulled the last minute pair of bids was Mr Fleeman. . .in any event, even if it isn't him, that bidder has built up a very nice collection of hard to find and rare TI items over the last three years or so. Sometimes he wins, sometimes I do, but that's the way bidding goes--the one who wants it more bids more and wins. I'm perfectly OK with that. I just wish he was more active in the community, as some of the items he now has aren't otherwise available for research or comparison purposes.

Now I'll have to dig out my PDS Sports module and get it and the drill module read out to add to the multicart.

Let me know if you want me to do those...

IMHO, I wish we could get this guy involved more.  Someone has to know him and can engage him!

#52 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,407 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Sun Mar 4, 2018 4:51 PM

I have a  Dallas chip here ready to pop in one of those 2nd version boards. ;)

Have to be careful.  I bought two on eBay.  One works great.  The other locked up the CC-40.  Returned it, got a new one.  Still locks up the CC-40.  So far, I am one for three.  I'm purchasing it from Mouser next time.  Thought I was safe because it was a US eBay seller, too.

#53 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,407 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Sun Mar 4, 2018 4:54 PM

I have backed off from any CC-40 purchases until the dust settles with all the recent development to avoid fighting with fellow 99ers and paying ridiculous amounts for stuff. :)

I myself have the bare minimum of stuff I need to work on stuff (a CC-40, multi cart, RAM cart, and RS232).  With the 74, I have a cassette cable and printer.  Printer works fine on the 40 too with my adapter.

#54 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,407 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Sun Mar 4, 2018 7:50 PM

On post #13, I added the schematics that Michael Becker made for all the types of CC-40 cartridges.  

#55 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,407 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 5:41 PM

I've sent a message to the first three folks that requested a board set.  Please check your PM.

I also forgot to add the $2 breakout board to the list.  

#56 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 12,509 posts

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 6:04 PM

Having never owned one of these little gadgets, I have a couple of questions.

1) Apparently it's expandable to 18K RAM total, does the hobby community make a modern easy to obtain memory expansion?

2) I see someone accessed Heatwave BBS with one of these, so I'm wondering, does this thing have the physical architecture to support

and feed a VGA adapter for a modern monitor?  Or possibly a converter from the printer port to make it display text on a monitor? 

3) Is there something like a FlashROM being developed behind the scenes for this thing?

Being a TI-99/4A user, I'm rather fond of orphan computers... as long as they can actually be used for something.  In the past I had no clue what I could use something like this for, but if it's a classic orphan finally in it's ascendancy...

#57 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,502 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 3:22 PM

Having never owned one of these little gadgets, I have a couple of questions.

1) Apparently it's expandable to 18K RAM total, does the hobby community make a modern easy to obtain memory expansion?

2) I see someone accessed Heatwave BBS with one of these, so I'm wondering, does this thing have the physical architecture to support

and feed a VGA adapter for a modern monitor?  Or possibly a converter from the printer port to make it display text on a monitor? 

3) Is there something like a FlashROM being developed behind the scenes for this thing?

Being a TI-99/4A user, I'm rather fond of orphan computers... as long as they can actually be used for something.  In the past I had no clue what I could use something like this for, but if it's a classic orphan finally in it's ascendancy...

1: there's a bank switchable new ram board just designed (see the cc-40 dev thread) that is what Jon is offering for sale

2: there's a hexbus port, if you can find a hexbus display adapter that might work ;)  they don't exist tho

3: there's a multicart board which is also in the dev thread that is what Jon is offering for sale

The CC-40 and tI-74 are almost identical with a few basic commands missing in the 74 and the size shrunk down to handheld calc size.. the cart port is different on a 74 and the hexbus port is a different shape/pinout and called something else but it's the same protocol/signals an adapter works great   I have some "not perfect but work" cc-40's and power supplies on arcadeshopper for half what they are going on ebay for 

Greg

#58 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,502 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:35 PM

demoing logging on to the hidden reef with the CC-40 Hexbus modem and a phone line

#59 ndp630 ONLINE  

ndp630

Star Raider

• 50 posts

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 AM

I bought one of the new ram carts and a multicart from Acadiel and I have a couple of questions. I see on the ram cart that it has a pin for 3 volts so could I  put a lithium button battery holder there for backup? Also, if I wrote basic programs, is there a way to store a separate program in each bank? There are 4 switches, so I am wondering if there are 24 banks? 

Doug

#60 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,407 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:42 AM

I bought one of the new ram carts and a multicart from Acadiel and I have a couple of questions. I see on the ram cart that it has a pin for 3 volts so could I  put a lithium button battery holder there for backup? Also, if I wrote basic programs, is there a way to store a separate program in each bank? There are 4 switches, so I am wondering if there are 24 banks? 
Doug

16 32K banks. :)

Anyone want the help with the POKE/PEEK statements to copy from BASIC RAM to the cart and back? Can likely also be done in DEBUG with assembler.

#61 Swim ONLINE  

Swim

Chopper Commander

• 139 posts

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:25 PM

16 32K banks. :)

Anyone want the help with the POKE/PEEK statements to copy from BASIC RAM to the cart and back? Can likely also be done in DEBUG with assembler.

I've forgotten almost everything I once knew about this little machine but if I can get the time who knows what kind of peeking and poking I might do. lol

k3pw5z.jpg

#62 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,336 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 11:05 PM

"...ported HEX-TI-r to an Arduino platform..."

https://github.com/go4retro/HEXTIr

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users