IGNORED

HSC14 Round 21: Into the Eagles Nest + bonus Battle Eagle

Into the Eagles Nest

into_the_eagle_s_nest.gif

into_the_eagles_nest.png

In this penultimate round of HSC Season 14 we have a new game to play! This 1988 Pandora/Atari game is a Dandy/Gauntlet/Phantom style plod and shooter. I've only had a few goes before but it looks good. Join in, comment on the game and post a score ;)

Links: Fandal XEX, Atarimania Info also has original cartridge release and cracked version with trainer. Mount as "XEGS cartridge".

Scoring: Full HSC points, plus 3pts per mission completed (there are 4 to do).

Bonus game

Battle Eagle

battle_eagle.png

We've played it before but it deserves more credit, 2013's quality vertical shooter from Jason Kelk and music from Der Luchs. Download Fandal XEX. 1pt per player per place.

Latest Season 14 Current Standings

Round ends Sun 17th December

:)

Edited by therealbountybob
scoring bonuses added

My idiocy idiocity? knows no bounds - so I get the lift pass, find the lift then get to choose Basement, Ground, 1st 2nd floors and I pick Ground which was the starting level "£$£$%"£$ the level is then well stacked with enemies, managed to get the pass again but got hammered. It tells you right at the start you are on the Ground floor :dunce:

Instructions say about rescuing men and guiding them using a "warning shot" to get them moving, looking forward to that bit!

3pts bonus per mission completed - there are 4

My idiocy idiocity? knows no bounds - so I get the lift pass, find the lift then get to choose Basement, Ground, 1st 2nd floors and I pick Ground which was the starting level "£$£$%"£$ the level is then well stacked with enemies, managed to get the pass again but got hammered. It tells you right at the start you are on the Ground floor :dunce:

Instructions say about rescuing men and guiding them using a "warning shot" to get them moving, looking forward to that bit!

3pts bonus per mission completed - there are 4

Do you want us to play through the missions each time we play, starting from ground floor each time?

Do you want us to play through the missions each time we play, starting from ground floor each time?

I don't know enough about how it works - I figured each mission was set over the 4 floors? Start on each of the 4 missions is ok (I'm figuring it ends after each one).

first tables

Into the Eagle's Nest

1st therealbountybob 105,500 12pts
2nd RedThunder 86,600 11pts
3rd McKong 32,900 10pts
4th carlsson 19,300 9pts
5th devwebcl 12,300 8pts

Battle Eagle

1st therealbountybob 88,540 3pts
2nd carlsson 8,038 2pts
3rd RedThunder 7,548 1pt

• Like 1

OK McKong you can now concentrate on Battle Eagle :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looking at the score it let you play through all 4 missions.

So we think the file version doesn't have the correct missions - perhaps it's down to RAM use/swapping and they couldn't fit it all in :ponder:

RT's video was about right it's a bit hard though this is proably deliberate as with a limited game length you don't want it being completed too quickly :)

tiime for next poll I think...