IGNORED

Feasibility/interest in original POKEY soundtracks for Sirius/Plutos?

Fragmare

What if myself and a couple likeminded and talented chiptuner buddies of mine were to create OSTs for Plutos and Sirius? Would there be any way to get the music into the ROMs short of a full rewrite? Would any of the programmer types here have any interest in working on a project like this? Both games are incredible and really showcase what the 7800 can do, but desperately lack some great music. I've already talked to a couple of guys about contributing music for a soundtrack, and they are down for it. So, would it be a project worth undertaking?

• Like 1

So these games are using the MARIA so much that there isn't any space to add POKEY audio because there isn't enough resources on the bus? Or is it so tight in the coding that the music wouldn't sync up with the game play?

I think he means no time left in vblank to add any kind of extra code hook or whatever to upload data to POKEY... I wonder how many scanlines one would need to shave from the top/bottom of the display area in order to "make" enough time... hmm

• Like 1

I think he means no time left in vblank to add any kind of extra code hook or whatever to upload data to POKEY... I wonder how many scanlines one would need to shave from the top/bottom of the display area in order to "make" enough time... hmm

There's several guys in 2600land doing that sorta stuff in order to get Trak-Ball compatibility added to old games. Shame they aren't fervent 7800 fans...or 5200 fans...