IGNORED

Is "Space Battle" level five too easy?

mr_me

As a kid I played quite a bit of Space Battle. From what I remember I could win at level five (aka. super advanced) but I can't remember how often. And when I did win playing level five, I always lost some ships doing so. Could anyone win at Space Battle level 5 consistently without losing ships?

The original Space Battle cartridge only had four different game speeds. Complaints of the game being easy had Mattel issue a running change adding a "super advanced" level five by pressing four on the keypad. Pressing any other button gives you "advanced" level four. The original Space Battle cartridge came in a red Action network box and likely doesn't have level five; check the instructions that came in the box. The blue box Space network cartridges likely have level five. The INTV Corp white label cartridges could be anything, and the instructions might not match the cartridge.

Space Battle is programmed with a mix of game speeds and skill levels. The Intellivision has four exec game speeds that determine the frame rate. Most Mattel games start by pressing disc for the highest game speed. Adanced level four and Super Advanced level five play at the same exec speed. You can tell the difference with level five as some enemy shots come at you super fast. Remember, to start Space Battle at super advanced level five press four on the keypad.

• Like 2