IGNORED

FinalGrom99 image for Myarc Advanced Basic

9640News

Take a look at PC99 and the 8k rom file starting p51e00... which I believe has the code from the 512k rom code including the loader that is moved to the ram in the cartridge. It may be possible to extract the code you are looking for from that.

Search for AA01 which is the start of the cartridge part. (Offset 1CDA in the PC99 rom file including the 6 byte pc99 header).

Possibly the pc99 debugger might allow you to choose the Myarc ram card with NO cartridge, load the TI master title screen, then dump before the 128k os is loaded but I'm not up to that.

The file pm1e00 is the 512k rom without the loader for the XB.

Stephen

I have the source code for Myarc Advanced Basic but let me tell you the problem I have with MAB vs RXB. (Hear me out please.)

MAB is not very backwards compatibility and expects you to rewrite all XB programs to adapt to MAB standards, what does that mean?

Well almost all XB Programs have to be changed or modified to adapt to MAB. So backwards comparability is not a selling point.

Secondly as MAB is faster which is a real bonus it has other issues as that means original XB programs again need to be modified to work properly.

With RXB I took the opposite approach as first off backward compatibility is top priority. Even allowing TI Basic programs to run from RXB unmodified.

XB programs can be modified to take advantage of RXB features but again you do not pay a penalty as you can test then originals as written.

Difference is if you load a XB program into MAB the original may not even run at all or need changes to run, but in RXB no such problems.

That being said I still think MAB is a great starting point but using that code I would stick with what is needed most, backward compatibility first.

Edited by RXB

Rich,

If I could get the source code, that would be appreciated. Myarc changed something between V2.10 and 2.11 that broke one program (BBS Software) I used to run. I've been contemplating on setting that software back up on my TI system. The thing about Myarc Basic, under Myarc Basic, that program ran really fast and for a user at up to 2400 baud, you would thing it was assembly language speed. No other intent, etc.

Beery

Rich,

If I could get the source code, that would be appreciated. Myarc changed something between V2.10 and 2.11 that broke one program (BBS Software) I used to run. I've been contemplating on setting that software back up on my TI system. The thing about Myarc Basic, under Myarc Basic, that program ran really fast and for a user at up to 2400 baud, you would thing it was assembly language speed. No other intent, etc.

Beery

I have Myarc Avanced Basic Version 4.05 and you asked for V2.10 or V2.11

I have Myarc Avanced Basic Version 4.05 and you asked for V2.10 or V2.11

Rich, I am a bit confused here. When you refer to Myarc Advanced Basic 4.05, are you referencing a Geneve version that loads under MDOS? If so, I have that code.

On the other hand, if there were updates to the Myarc's release of Basic for their 512K card run on a TI-99/4A, I was never aware there was a V 4.05. If that is what you have, then I would be interested in the code. I was only aware of versions 2.10, 2.11, and 2.12.

Beery

you may have already looked at this, but does something here- http://ftp.whtech.com/emulators/pc99/pc99%20dsk%20collection/Vendors/Myarc/help?

That will help. I was not aware there was a PC99 version on Whtech, just an ark version.

I am though a bit perplexed by the size of the file as it is 47K in size after unzipping. I would have expected a larger file size. Tonight, I will copy the files over.

I have an older version of MESS and this weekend I tried to use a tool to move a file into a DSK image and it kept having problems. The PC99 version will make things easier. Also, my UDS-10 should be arriving Thursday.

Thanks for the point towards the files.

Beery

Beery-

The files held on WHTECH are the files on the TI format disk supplied with Myarc XB 2.12. The 128k OS is the file that varied with differing versions.

The 512k ram card had a rom which contained code that was downloaded to the cartridge and was not amended with the different versions of the language. The rom code is sold with pc99/pc99w. This code from the ROM then loaded the 128k OS from the supplied TI Disk.

- Not all 512k Myarc ram cards had this rom, earlier cards had a different rom which had to be changed if you wnated to run the Myarc XBII. Both roms are with pc99w.

regards

Stephen