Photo

Batari Basic a Self Teaching Guide Book? Does anyone else want one?

Batari Basic Easy Simple Learn Book Self Teaching Atari 2600 Atari Home Computer

4 replies to this topic

#1 George Washingtoad OFFLINE  

George Washingtoad

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:14 PM

Ok so I dont know if Im in the minority, but whenever I tried to learn batari basic I find them a tad confusing, like whenever i attempt to make something I just dont understand enough to make anything...

But you know what I did understand, 

Atari Basic A Self Teaching Guide:

https://www.atariarchives.org/basic/

One of the things that Random Terrain recommended that I look at before I tried Batari Basic. While I didn't understand BATARI Basic I feel like I under stand ATARI Basic very well. It felt kind a fun with the examples and with the practice in the book it helped really pound in the language and how to actually use it. Am I only one who thinks that Batari Basic could use this self teaching guide treatment as well? 

Attached Thumbnails

• pagecover (1).gif

#2 Mr SQL OFFLINE  

Mr SQL

Stargunner

• 1,766 posts

Posted Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:53 PM

Ok so I dont know if Im in the minority, but whenever I tried to learn batari basic I find them a tad confusing, like whenever i attempt to make something I just dont understand enough to make anything...

But you know what I did understand, 

Atari Basic A Self Teaching Guide:

https://www.atariarchives.org/basic/

One of the things that Random Terrain recommended that I look at before I tried Batari Basic. While I didn't understand BATARI Basic I feel like I under stand ATARI Basic very well. It felt kind a fun with the examples and with the practice in the book it helped really pound in the language and how to actually use it. Am I only one who thinks that Batari Basic could use this self teaching guide treatment as well? 

You might like Atari Flashback BASIC - it supports an old-school BASIC mode closer to Atari BASIC. It's online here with the BASIC manual and some examples:

http://relationalfra...gamesonline.htm

#3 George Washingtoad OFFLINE  

George Washingtoad

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:10 PM

Thanks alot, just as a note though, the download with the zip file (after I downloaded it) and it says its invalid. not sure if you made the site but i just wanted to let you know

Edited by George Washingtoad, Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:11 PM.

#4 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,450 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:53 PM

I sent that web site an e-mail asking if it would be allowed for me to adapt that book to work with batari Basic. If I get permission, I'll start on the online tutorial in 2018 after I get some more work done on the Atari 2600 video game release date pages.

#5 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,450 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Mon Jan 8, 2018 11:18 PM

I sent that web site an e-mail asking if it would be allowed for me to adapt that book to work with batari Basic. If I get permission, I'll start on the online tutorial in 2018 after I get some more work done on the Atari 2600 video game release date pages.

I've been meaning to post in this thread again and just remembered. George Washingtoad already knows this, but in case anyone else wants to know, I got permission from the author to make an online tutorial based on two of his books. I might have to wait until March to start working on it. Depends on how long it takes to finish the Atari 2600 video game release date pages.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batari Basic, Easy, Simple, Learn, Book, Self Teaching, Atari, 2600, Atari Home Computer

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users