Hi, I'm new here and am happy to release my "3d" tennis. :-D

If you find any glitches let me know. :P

Attached Files

#2 Coolcrab OFFLINE  

Coolcrab

Chopper Commander

• 118 posts

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 3:47 AM

This is cool! Donyou have a manual though? I don't get how to do a backhand. But it seems possible. I love how the ball.scales when it's far and close and the guys animation. Nice work!

#3 karokoenig OFFLINE  

karokoenig

River Patroller

• 2,038 posts

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 7:12 AM

Well, that's clunky :-). But who am I to judge. I couldn't accomplish anything at all with Bb... And my own programming efforts on the Commodore 64 back in the days looked much worse than this. Anyway, welcome to AtariAge!

#4 Trip2018 OFFLINE  

Trip2018

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • young nerd

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 8:34 AM

First:

Happy New Year!

Well, that's clunky :-). But who am I to judge. I couldn't accomplish anything at all with Bb... And my own programming efforts on the Commodore 64 back in the days looked much worse than this. Anyway, welcome to AtariAge!

Second: Yeah the ball physics are pretty bad, and i wasn't to happy with the playfield.

This is cool! Donyou have a manual though? I don't get how to do a backhand. But it seems possible. I love how the ball.scales when it's far and close and the guys animation. Nice work!

Third: You can't do a backhand, its just a 3d pong where you have to hit the ball back. Also, I am working on a manual.

#5 mojofltr OFFLINE  

mojofltr

River Patroller

• 2,622 posts

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 9:08 AM

Rad.  I like to see these creative ideas.  :)

#6 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,450 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 10:28 AM

Seems like you could get the 3D effect without the flicker. Looks like you are redrawing things that may not need to be redrawn when the player moves left or right, so the game is going over 262.

#7 Trip2018 OFFLINE  

Trip2018

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts
  • young nerd

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 2:15 PM

Seems like you could get the 3D effect without the flicker. Looks like you are redrawing things that may not need to be redrawn when the player moves left or right, so the game is going over 262.

I ran out of cycles when I added the 3d. So I made the playfield take a few frames to update.

#8 Coolcrab OFFLINE  

Coolcrab

Chopper Commander

• 118 posts

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 6:30 PM

When I move to the right and press fire, the racket shows up on the left. (As opposed to on the right) so there is a backhand just very inconveniently placed :P

#9 Mountain King ONLINE  

Mountain King

Dragonstomper

• 666 posts

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 8:21 PM

Interesting concept. I think the execution needs a little work. It does have a 3d feel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d, tenis, parallax, bB, basic, 3d tenis, tennis

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users