IGNORED

[Claimed] Free: Radius PrecisionView 21" CRT Monitor

matthew180

Free to a good home, a Radius PrecisionVeiw 21 CRT monitor. Works great and has a Sony Trinitron Tube I have tested resolutions up to 1600x1200 @ 75Hz, and lower resolutions up to 85Hz. Tons of digital controls for picture and color adjustment. This monitor has analog VGA input, as well as separate BNC R,B,G,H,V (see photos).

I also have a 19" CRT (not pictured) with a Trinitron tube that I am on the fence about getting rid of, so twist my arm a little and you might get 2-for-1...

Sorry, I will not ship this monitor, it is too much of a beast. I'm in the greater Los Angeles area. PM me if interested.

post-24952-0-53075700-1514965927_thumb.jpg

post-24952-0-56833500-1514965933_thumb.jpg

post-24952-0-10810700-1514965940_thumb.jpg

post-24952-0-91755400-1514965945_thumb.jpg

Edited by matthew180
  • Like 5

@Xegs: No, the UPS store is not really very cheap. The monitor would weight 50-60 pounds packed, so you can check the prices and let me know if you still want to go through with it. Sorry, I'm just really lazy when it comes to shipping big monitors.

@Osgeld: Actually, I don't find much at all in Cali. I expected much better loot out here but at least in SoCal there is almost no old tech kicking around. I have been to tons of swap meets all over L.A. and have found at most a few game consoles. The closest thing to a home computer I ever found was a power brick for a C64. Also, all my stuff was in Michigan for the last 35 years... ;-) Seems after moving out here, everything good is back East and I'm sending a lot of stuff that direction.

I go to Michigan frequently for work and have found a few things floating around in the wild nothing too interesting though, down here in the SE though man its like the entire 80's and 90's had no tech except for walmart tape decks, cd players, vcr's, portable dvd players, and a billion George Foreman grills (like seriously I have had 3 in my lifetime new and I like them a lot, but its disappointing to go to a thrift store's electronic section and see 40 of them lol)

I have been down here a few decades so I know people had stuff, but its like they burned or shot it, cause it never comes up ... a rare vintage PC in middle TN is a pentium 4 dell

Edited by Osgeld

From my monitor shipping experience expect a 90% chance it will be damaged in shipping...no matter how well you package it. All they need to do is drop the box (or toss it) and the weight of the electron gun will break itself or something else. Back in the old days when these were shipped (from the manufacturer, in freight pallets) they were cautious. Now it is a single heavy box shipped from a consumer and they just don't care.

This is the reason why I recently gave a nice one away locally. Never again will I attempt to ship one.

I go to Michigan frequently for work and have found a few things floating around in the wild nothing too interesting though, down here in the SE though man its like the entire 80's and 90's had no tech except for walmart tape decks, cd players, vcr's, portable dvd players, and a billion George Foreman grills (like seriously I have had 3 in my lifetime new and I like them a lot, but its disappointing to go to a thrift store's electronic section and see 40 of them lol)

I have been down here a few decades so I know people had stuff, but its like they burned or shot it, cause it never comes up ... a rare vintage PC in middle TN is a pentium 4 dell

East coast (I'm in NJ) is no different. You will be damn lucky if you can find a single Pentium III. I haven't found one locally in years. Forget PII, PI or 486/earlier era. Those have all been sent to China for copper and gold scavenging decades ago ;) CRT displays are the same. I simply never find them...they are just all gone.

This is my conspiracy theory why all the vintage computer gear is evaporating: it is because about 10 years ago Goodwill made an internal policy that the only computer equipment they could resell is monitors and keyboards, everything else goes to be recycled. I was told this by a friend who was a manager at a regional Goodwill at the time, and in my experience over the last decade it seems to be true. So, when people find their old computers in their closets, attics, basements, etc. and take it to Goodwill, it all goes straight to the recycle bin or dumpster.

I'd be all over this as well. Have a LCD that I am using on an old PC and I'd like to upgrade to a nice CRT. Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the country. Probably not worth shipping per what Eightbit said. I wouldn't mind paying the price, but I wouldn't trust it arriving in one piece. Nice to see it's got both VGA and BNC connections as well!

Called up the UPS Store, they gave me a rough estimate of $140 to ship it just based on weight alone, and about $70 for them to package it up in a box and everything (would need extra padding since it's fragile). I'm going to have to tap out, but just in case anyone else was interested, there you go.

• Like 1

Hi, i am not checking everyday - I am interested. I am in AZ and only 4-5 hours away. That is doable. Don't know why but some good CRTs are really better than those cheap LCD - too blurry. Whiteness is not the same either. That will replace my 19" CRT Panasonic monitor. I can do the pickup during the long week-end in two weeks (January 13 or 14).

PS: Don't use UPS - they will break it for sure. It happened to me. I was refund but at the expense of the buyer. Fedex is better but they might leave the package outside your door so it depends how nice is your neighbors.

PS2: In eastern Canada, all old computers were sent to old Noranda Horn copper smelter for recycling.

This is my conspiracy theory why all the vintage computer gear is evaporating: it is because about 10 years ago Goodwill made an internal policy that the only computer equipment they could resell is monitors and keyboards, everything else goes to be recycled. I was told this by a friend who was a manager at a regional Goodwill at the time, and in my experience over the last decade it seems to be true. So, when people find their old computers in their closets, attics, basements, etc. and take it to Goodwill, it all goes straight to the recycle bin or dumpster.

I believe you are correct. Recently I found a trove of computer parts at a local Goodwill. Brand new gaming power supplies from the early 2000's, keyboards, mice, monitors, video cards in boxes.....but not a single computer in sight. I suspect either a tech passed away and his family donated this stuff or he did himself as he was no longer interested, but no actual computers? I never find any PC at any of the four Goodwill locations in my area but always find stacks of keyboards, mice, flat screen monitors (they don't accept CRT's apparently) and that is about it. So, thank you Goodwill "Industries" for not only making profit on donations but contributing to the steady extinction of vintage computer hardware.