IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

Crossing my fingers that new orders will eventually happen and are in enough volume that I can get my hands on one. There are so many of these types of projects that are really awesome but get only minimal release due to existing in limbo between too much demand for a one man/small team hobbiest to keep up and not enough demand for a full time company and/or bulk production run. Ive experienced it personally trying to get a 3DO RGB Mod, RetroHQ Neo Geo Pocket Color Flashcart, Phoebe Saturn ODE, DreamPSU, RetroTrio Sega Genesis/CD/32X Model 1 Tower of Power 3-in-1 PSU, Skunkboard (though I got lucky and found one a few months ago), etc - just the name of the game I suppose lol

It's great that you advertised that keyboard adapter but it's a little bit premature.

There's been some radio silence on the XM so I take the problems they encountered (the last batch of problems that is) is still not completely solved.

I wish it was different but that's not the case. If/when they solve them then that gizmo of yours would be something worth considering, until then it can wait.

That was actually why I came on now. Yeah, we've been stalled for quite some time, roadblocked on this BIOS situation and Mark has become very busy so he doesn't have time to assist right now, Perry and I are going to pursue things further and see what we can find.

Thanks for the update, Curt.

What update is that? Did I miss something? :?

• Like 1

Curt, Any chance of an update to the state of completion as of 6/4/2018 please? Would really like to hear what progress has or has not been made towards completing the XM. Really hoping it's more of the former and surly not the latter. Is the end in sight for the XM to be 100 percent completed or is it going to be a long time before it looks to be done? Thanks in advance.

Curt, Any chance of an update to the state of completion as of 6/4/2018 please? Would really like to hear what progress has or has not been made towards completing the XM. Really hoping it's more of the former and surly not the latter. Is the end in sight for the XM to be 100 percent completed or is it going to be a long time before it looks to be done? Thanks in advance.

See above...

• Like 1

Surprisingly good news today...

While doing some testing of one of the XM test boards, I was able to successful get it to boot up from the BIOS chip onboard: I had several pre-flashed BIOS chips, one has Mark's Worms game on it which booted first, then another with a repeated image of Centipede in the 128K which also booted... I had another with an older rev of the XMBIOS on it and it did boot but then stopped, so I need to re-flash a fresh BIOS chip with the latest Rev of the BIOS: 1.32f - it will be a few days, I damaged my PLCC32 adapter for my programmer and I have another on its way in.

So this is some VERY positive news, because now we can get the BIOS booting up and move to test the High Score and POKEY next.

Also - a HUGE thank you to an old friend: Michael St. Pierre who kindly sent me his VERY cool XEGS to PC keyboard interface which I am looking VERY forward to trying out on the XM once I finish with the HSC and POKEY testing. I recommend to EVERYONE who is on the Pre-order list and those who will order when the XM is available in the AtariAge store - this is a MUST buy item which will make using the keyboard function on the XM a world better, of course - the caveat is, some still needs to write a game (or Application - like a Wordprocessor or Text adventure or Star Raiders) to the XM to really make full use the keyboard interface.

Will check back in a few days with another update.

• Like 16

Hi Shawn,

Actually just posted some info.

• Like 1

While doing some testing of one of the XM test boards, I was able to successful get it to boot up from the BIOS chip onboard: I had several pre-flashed BIOS chips, one has Mark's Worms game on it which booted first, then another with a repeated image of Centipede in the 128K which also booted... I had another with an older rev of the XMBIOS on it and it did boot but then stopped, so I need to re-flash a fresh BIOS chip with the latest Rev of the BIOS: 1.32f - it will be a few days, I damaged my PLCC32 adapter for my programmer and I have another on its way in.

So this is some VERY positive news, because now we can get the BIOS booting up and move to test the High Score and POKEY next.

Also - a HUGE thank you to an old friend: Michael St. Pierre who kindly sent me his VERY cool XEGS to PC keyboard interface which I am looking VERY forward to trying out on the XM once I finish with the HSC and POKEY testing. I recommend to EVERYONE who is on the Pre-order list and those who will order when the XM is available in the AtariAge store - this is a MUST buy item which will make using the keyboard function on the XM a world better, of course - the caveat is, some still needs to write a game (or Application - like a Wordprocessor or Text adventure or Star Raiders) to the XM to really make full use the keyboard interface.

Fantastic news Curt, glad you got past that BIOS POST issue or whatever it was.

Would I need to search my e-mails again for my order number?

Edited by NightSprinter

Stuff starting to work is always great news when developing hardware :thumbsup: . Bad news is when it's so completely dead it leaves you scratching your head as to where to look first :ponder: .

I won't be making these myself, but hopefully someone like MacRorie will decide to do so if there is demand for it. Of course anyone can take the DIY approach by purchasing the board and parts (everything needed to do this can be found at: https://ataribits.weebly.com/tk-ii.html). I'm glad the good old USPS got the sample to your doorstep Curt :) .

Michael any relation to Hyde?

No. Who's that?