IGNORED

Anyone know any good Nintendo books (GB up to Wii)?

I want to buy a good friend of mine some serious weekend reading. She loves anything Nintendo, especially GB, SNES stuff.

So I need some Big N book recommendations, a big good read in the vain of Art of Atari etc...

Can be single hardware eg SNES, or multi, doesn't matter. I checked Amazon, but then my OCD plays havoc with all the choice available.

Thanks

I always liked the Super Mario Land instruction manual. ;)

Alright, more seriously, what does your friend like? For history, my 1st instinct is Game Over, but I've heard that book has serious accuracy problems. For nostalgia I'd recommend old game guides. For art...that's harder. I remember seeing an art of video games book a few years ago with a bunch of Nintendo inspired art, but I'm not sure of the title.

Well, let's see...

http://heavy.com/games/2015/04/top-best-video-game-art-books-for-sale-print-deals-modern-pop-art-coffee-table-books/

Reviews several video game art books, including one which covers all Legend of Zelda games.

Does she like any specific games/franchises, or will anything related to early-90's Nintendo do? Would she be more interested in a book of art work or a book arguing that games are/can be art?