3. Dan strikes back

4. Yoomp!

5. Ardy the Aardvark

6. Gyruss

7. Blowsub

8. Crownland

9. Spelunker

10. H3x0r deluxe

...so I hope to play some HSC games this season :-)

...Holger

• Like 1

Hi,

Here are my 10 favourite Games:

1.Drol

2. Donkey Kong jr.

3. Dan strikes back

4. Yoomp!

5. Ardy the Aardvark

6. Gyruss

7. Blowsub

8. Crownland

9. Spelunker

10. H3x0r deluxe

...so I hope to play some HSC games this season :-)

...Holger

Good list! Always nice to see some love for DK Jnr!

• Like 1

Here's my 11 (I awarded myself a bonus game for mentioning Space Fortress! ;))

Donkey Kong Jnr (as always)

Star Quake (not played it since the 80s but think it was good!)

Hero (not played for a couple of seasons)

Manic Miner (fancy another crack at beating this one)

Blinky’s Scary School (found this one by accident - not played it before)

New games I've not played but look good

Laura

Atari Blast

Space Fortress Omega

New Atari Game

Pac-Mad

Treasure Island Dizzy

Edited by McKong
  • Like 1

We'll I resisted the temptation to check the forum for a couple of days and Wow 30 replies here already :thumbsup: though I do have 19 messages to check let's see how many of them are "No don't bother me" :thumbsdown:

Some good questions raised here and some good answers too :thumbsup:

I assume some games require a multi cart?

It's always a dilemma when we have games that are not playable by everyone; usually they will not win the polls but we could have a special round for them, use them for bonus games or players may be happy to use emulation for these ones.

after 3 years of medical hell and a house move I wanna try and play at least a few rounds this year. It may only be on a Raspberry Pi though, not much space in the new gaff for all my retro stuff, it's all in the attic for the foreseeable

Hi mimo, glad to see you back :thumbsup: I find this old Atari business is a great distraction from everything :)

Funny and stupid too ;-)

I always thought, HSC'13, '14 ...
corresponds with the YEAR it was
held... so... iI thougt I was too late
to join ...
Thanks for the mail therealbountybob !

Count me in !

Stefan

Thanks for this Stefan, I wonder how many hundreds of potential HSCers we have missed :-o

I would like to participate!

I don't own many games for my 800XL though (maybe 7 or so very mainstream titles), so I will probably have to emulate some.

That's great, we don't mind trying some obscure games, it's all part of the mix :thumbsup: [feel free to list your 7 games here]. Emulation is pretty good too - try and get a joystick setup working. There is a HSC beginners' thread which may have some info, but post if anyone needs assistance :thumbsup:

I'll start the first poll on Monday - I'll probably pick a few (not necessarily from the suggestions!) that are not too difficult and fun to play so that everyone can join in and have a few plays ;)

• Like 2

Here's my list of 10 (had to cut it down, which took quite some time.) :)

3. Bounty Bob Strikes Back (I came close to beating you the last time we played this, TRBB...I want another crack at it. :)

9. Wargames

3. ;) Sounds like a good idea - If I remember we were trying to complete it straight through no warps :-o

9. I didn't know we had War Games ! I liked Final Legacy and Computer War is a favourite that might just be on my 10 game list :)

Maybe "White Circus" instead?

Great - I wanted to check this out and as discussed above we have the Winter Olympics coming up so we can do this for round 3 perhaps :thumbsup:

I tried 3 of the suggestions from my list to see if they were any good.

Pac-Mad, Blinky's Scary School and New Atari Game. They all seem good enough, although i only played them each once so no idea how long they last

Not sure if Blinky is PAL only or has score but It's a good game. NAG should be a good one for HSC and Pac-Mad is a definite especially as they've just released a "final" version. The new Bosconian is very nice indeed.

My list is down to 13!

I am really going to make an effort to participate regularly this year...

Might even be able to get my girlfriend in on it. She loves every Nintendo system from the NES to present, as well as the 2600, so I don't think the 8-bit computers will be too much of a leap.

• Like 3

Ok my 10 are (this was tough!)

One of my own:

1. Ramp Rage (v1.2) :D

Some of my usual favourites:

2. Gumball

3. Trolls and Tribulations

4. Lost Tomb

5. Vanguard

6. Galaxian

7. Dawn Raider

Not HSC played before:

8. Genesis (?)

9. Computer War

10. New York City

Special round idea: "Hi-Res Games", we did this once before, play a bunch of High resolution games e.g. Marauder, Lunar Leeper, Threshold, Repton...

Still a bunch of people not seen my email but we'll get the poll started tonight, I think I have 5 goodies lined up :!:

"Pong" by Mirage Software :P

:thumbsup:Pong looks interesting and has a 7.7 rating on Atarimania too...

"LS - 16/02/2007

Good game. It doesn't look stunning at the first time, but nice use of hi-res graphics (Dariusz Bartoszewski always did it good) and sheer originality speak for itself. Try it, you'll be surprised how you like it."

pong_mirage_4.gif

Now you've made me think of another great game "Rubber Ball" that I should have had in my 10 :twisted:

rubber_ball_4.gif

I tried Pac-Mad again earlier. The only problem I discovered so far was that it seems a bit easy. On my second try i made it to the 14th level. A couple of the levels are so big i hardly saw a ghost!

Was that on the new v1.0 or the original party version? If new one I'll see if I can contact the author as I felt that was an issue with the party ver.

1. Pitfall 2

2. Preppie 2

3. Battlezone

4. Great American Cross-Country Road Race

5. Robotron 2084

6. Realm of Impossiblity

7. Cavelord

8. Ballblazer

9. Tank Commander

10. Ninja Master

Glad to have you back CC :thumbsup: I'm glad someone else has picked Tank Commander, it's also one of my favourites - I revied it in Pro© Mag Issue #7 ;-) Ninja Master is a great suggestion for a not played here before too :thumbsup:

• post-38004-0-99390600-1444134608_thumb.p

Hello!

I am in.

Hey Gury :thumbsup:

New HSCers might want to visit your Atari website :)

You are welcome to visit my website at http://gury.atari8.info/ hosted by great Atari8.Info portal.