Photo

Season 7 ~ Week 1 ~ Burgertime

101 replies to this topic

#101 Abel M'Vada OFFLINE  

Abel M'Vada

Space Invader

• 32 posts

Posted Today, 12:02 AM

This game makes me hungry. So hungry, in fact, that I can't concentrate on playing - all I can think about is grilling up burgers. I'm literally salivating so much right now it's disgusting, and as soon as I'm done posting my craptastic score I'm going out to get something to eat. My New Year's Resolution to eat healthier? Right out the window. Thanks a lot, 2600 High Score Club.

BurgerTime: 13800

BurgerTime 13800.png

Now I'm too fat to get up the ladder!

#102 JeremiahK ONLINE  

JeremiahK

Chopper Commander

• 122 posts

Posted Today, 12:41 AM

High score for now: 18,250 (NEW PLAYER)  I will be playing all these games on real hardware, either with the cartridge, if I have it, or on the Harmony.

Can't say I've ever played this one before, quite an interesting game.  Not much for graphics, that's for sure, although the burgers ain't half bad.  The instructions were definitely needed, (aha, I hotdog, I can almost see it now - ah, never mind) although they were too short.  It took me quite a while to figure out what giving a nasty "a fast ride on a falling hamburger part" actually meant.

The gameplay could be improved (talk about bad enemy spawns!) as well as the controls.  Holding the stick diagonally seems to do nothing, which is really annoying.

I'm still trying to figure out how in a burger game, cheese is considered a "nasty".  I mean, cheeseburgers are a thing in this world.

Oh, and I learned that coffe, ice cream, and french fries can all be turned into pepper spray, and eggs are bigger than breadsticks.  Although they didn't specify which type of eggs they are, they don't neccesarily have to be chicken eggs.

I'm still amazed that this is a 16K game.  The mazes must be stored in ROM like images.  It would be interesting to look at a disassembly...

Attached Thumbnails

• JeremiahK_HSC18_01_Burgertime_1.jpg

Edited by JeremiahK, Today, 12:45 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users