IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 1 ~ Burgertime

Vocelli

This game makes me hungry. So hungry, in fact, that I can't concentrate on playing - all I can think about is grilling up burgers. I'm literally salivating so much right now it's disgusting, and as soon as I'm done posting my craptastic score I'm going out to get something to eat. My New Year's Resolution to eat healthier? Right out the window. Thanks a lot, 2600 High Score Club.

BurgerTime: 13800

post-56474-0-41085300-1516168530_thumb.png

Now I'm too fat to get up the ladder!

• Like 2

High score for now: 18,250 (NEW PLAYER) I will be playing all these games on real hardware, either with the cartridge, if I have it, or on the Harmony.

Can't say I've ever played this one before, quite an interesting game. Not much for graphics, that's for sure, although the burgers ain't half bad. The instructions were definitely needed, (aha, I hotdog, I can almost see it now - ah, never mind) although they were too short. It took me quite a while to figure out what giving a nasty "a fast ride on a falling hamburger part" actually meant.

The gameplay could be improved (talk about bad enemy spawns!) as well as the controls. Holding the stick diagonally seems to do nothing, which is really annoying.

I'm still trying to figure out how in a burger game, cheese is considered a "nasty". I mean, cheeseburgers are a thing in this world.

Oh, and I learned that coffee, ice cream, and french fries can all be turned into pepper spray, and eggs are bigger than breadsticks. Although they didn't specify which type of eggs they are, they don't neccesarily have to be chicken eggs.

I'm still amazed that this is a 16K game. The mazes must be stored in ROM like images. It would be interesting to look at a disassembly...

post-59805-0-20282300-1516170618_thumb.jpg

Edited by JeremiahK
  • Like 2

95600 points,

After reading the game manual I see how much points you get for different things and I realized that my strategy of making reactions from the top it is not working, there is one which says 500 POINTS FOR EACH NASTY WHO TAKES A RIDE ON A FALLING HAMBURGER PART, so in the first 4 stage and with little patience you can rack up big points just waiting and luring the french freis and company into the bottom bun, so for every enemy you eliminate from the bottom you get 550 points ( 500 from enemy+50 from the bun ) the buns, or meat or lettuce on top you can us many times just droping one level every time, and if you manage to gather 2 or more you can get up to 250 points, it is a teddious metod but it works in the first satges where the speed of the enemys allow you to do it. I do not know if I explain clearly.

post-62867-0-77430500-1516281684_thumb.png

• Like 8

First time HSC player here 18700
I hope Javatari emulation is ok. Tried to use burgertime on harmony but all of my roms were no good.

I also tried 2 roms in my harmony on a 7800 and they didn't work.

I thought it was 7800's fault because I inserted the real cartridge in the 7800 and it didn't work too.

I used Javatari before and I liked it very much, in my opinion its emulation is accurate enough.

Though Stella is much more used and tested over time.