I found three interesting EPROM chips today. One says:

1200XL

SW16

U12 V1.0

LOW

And the two really interesting ones say:

EPYX P/N 614R-A

EPYX P/N 614R-B

All three are 2764 chips. The edges are frayed and slightly lifted, but the windows are still

totally covered. I can't wait to put them in my Pro Burner and see if there is anything on them!

Anyone have any clues?

DavidMil

1200XL has 2 OS sockets 8K each which should explain the first - the OS sockets are labelled U12 and U13 on the board.

Epyx ones, probably a game.

If you dump them can you do individual per chip. It should be easy enough to ID what they are. If you append the pairs together you should be able to use as cart and OS images in emulators.

Edited by Rybags

well the fact it's labeled lo usually implies there should also be a HI, as that's the norm unless someone labeled lo out of habbit, in any event a dump of the roms and a look at what in em will shed light on a number of things...

Edited by _The Doctor__

Please guys, remember that a camera flash won't hurt a COVERED EPROM. Even an uncovered one would suffer very minimal (if any) damage.

That video of a camera flash (if it is to be believed) only caused transient glitches. It did not destroy data. the ST came right back every time.

Laws of Physics here!

Don't be paranoid.

Do you have those sitting on a wool or cotton blanket? Is that a good idea?

Normally I'd laugh at anyone suggesting that there is any static build up in Houston because of our normal 80% or so humidity. But because the temp has been below

freezing for several days, your right. I took special caution with those chips. Also I had some fun with the dog (accidently). I walked across the carpet and went to

pet her and ended up zapping her on the nose! She let out a yelp, ran to my wife, and hasn't so much as looked at me the rest of the day today.

DavidMil

• Like 1

I'm guessing it is the newer one because the label says for Atari 400, 800, XL, and XE computers. I can't find a

copyright date or a publication date on the burner or the docs. The labels on the burner are also orange. I can

post a picture if you'd like.

DavidMil

PS. I'm going to put the 1200XL Eprom on the burner this evening, and see what comes up.

DM

I'm guessing it is the newer one because the label says for Atari 400, 800, XL, and XE computers. I can't find a

copyright date or a publication date on the burner or the docs. The labels on the burner are also orange. I can

post a picture if you'd like.

DavidMil

PS. I'm going to put the 1200XL Eprom on the burner this evening, and see what comes up.

DM

Run and MD5 checksum against it and post the results .. I can easily compare it to the known LO ROMs out there for the 1200XL.

The cartridge shell of this Epyx cart. is often (always?) used for Eproms. They often (always?) used a slightly different cart. shell for ROMs, e.g. this one: https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=2525

So I would say Epyx "Gateway to Apshai" (Eprom version) is correct for 614R-A and 614R-B. I also had a Gateway to Apshai Eprom version and later bought a ROM version (kept the ROM version/pcb and changed the Eprom version/pcb to my likes by removing the Eproms and burning a different game on them)...

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Run and MD5 checksum against it and post the results .. I can easily compare it to the known LO ROMs out there for the 1200XL.

Forgive my ignorance but what is MD5? I know what a checksum is, just not MD5. I have saved all three EPROMs to a floppy as bin files. Now, how do I get them posted here?

I have a SIO2USB device running Mydos 4.53, and APE for Windows.

DavidMil