Photo

SCART-GENIE V1.0

32 replies to this topic

#26 marc.hull OFFLINE  

marc.hull

Stargunner

• 1,155 posts

Posted Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:25 PM

Is your entire design not through hole ?

#27 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,052 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 PM

Is your entire design not through hole ?

I was thinking of using a Micro-USB for power to provide the 5 volts instead of the DC jack and if I did that then I was thinking of using the LM1881M the the Sync Cleaner, which is SMD because it's was cheaper.

Everything else is through hole.  

Of course I have some of these laying around and they are super cheap to buy and I could use these instead of the DC jack.

Attached Files

Edited by Shift838, Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 PM.

#28 marc.hull OFFLINE  

marc.hull

Stargunner

• 1,155 posts

Posted Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 PM

Well how ever you go I'm sure it will work out fine. Are these going to be assembled an cabled up as well ?

#29 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,052 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:19 PM

Well how ever you go I'm sure it will work out fine. Are these going to be assembled an cabled up as well ?

My plan is to get it working, order a first run for testing.  once I have it nailed down, I plan on taking orders for some and they will be pre-assembled and tested with my Geneve.  Will be two options.  With cables or without.  I want to get the PCB as small as possible so that it's cheaper to make.

The thought is to be able to use a straight male to male SCART and a male to male 8 pin DIN.  I had really good luck using the 8 pin male to male cable used for Monster Clarity HD Model One sound systems and they are not too expensive.  I have found the better the cable, the better the video signal.  

#30 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Chopper Commander

• 216 posts

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 AM

Chris,

I have posted a note over on Yahoo, the Geneve group, offering some assistance to John Carver.  He's got a down Geneve, but still regularly follows the group.  He's in a bad situation and I am hoping to be able to help him out both on the computer front as well as groceries.

I've been following this thread.  What I am thinking about is your device for the Geneve.  I thought if I got one for my setup, I could give him my old monitor.

Not sure what kind of timetable you have.  If you had an extra board and could build it, and then tell me what other components I would need to get it working with a monitor you are satisfied is good quality and works without interference, etc. I would begin acquiring the other items.  

That way, I can take everything to John on one trip.  Not sure if you remember John or not, but at one time, he was an assistant sysop on Genie.  Quite knowledgeable, just never had some of the opportunities we had.  He was a Geneve user that really impressed me by his dedication back in the early 90's when he came to one of the Lima Computer Shows.  He tried coming the previous year as I recall, but his car broke down mid route and had significant issues getting back home from that ordeal.  He then came the next year.

Beery

#31 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 729 posts

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 AM

He was a Geneve user that really impressed me by his dedication back in the early 90's when he came to one of the Lima Computer Shows.  He tried coming the previous year as I recall, but his car broke down mid route and had significant issues getting back home from that ordeal.  He then came the next year.

Been there, done that, know the feeling.  :(

#32 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,052 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:22 PM

Chris,

I have posted a note over on Yahoo, the Geneve group, offering some assistance to John Carver.  He's got a down Geneve, but still regularly follows the group.  He's in a bad situation and I am hoping to be able to help him out both on the computer front as well as groceries.

I've been following this thread.  What I am thinking about is your device for the Geneve.  I thought if I got one for my setup, I could give him my old monitor.

Not sure what kind of timetable you have.  If you had an extra board and could build it, and then tell me what other components I would need to get it working with a monitor you are satisfied is good quality and works without interference, etc. I would begin acquiring the other items.  

That way, I can take everything to John on one trip.  Not sure if you remember John or not, but at one time, he was an assistant sysop on Genie.  Quite knowledgeable, just never had some of the opportunities we had.  He was a Geneve user that really impressed me by his dedication back in the early 90's when he came to one of the Lima Computer Shows.  He tried coming the previous year as I recall, but his car broke down mid route and had significant issues getting back home from that ordeal.  He then came the next year.

Beery

Berry,

I still need to prove this out, it's all in theory.  I am getting closer every weekend.  a couple of issues I need to work out.  As soon as I have a working version I will let everyone know.  i'm hoping to get this all proved out over the next couple of weeks then I can order the first boards for testing.  

#33 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Chopper Commander

• 216 posts

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:10 PM

Thanks for the update/information.

​Beery

Edited by BeeryMiller, Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:10 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users