IGNORED

What if Sharp Shot.....

mr_intv

So Sharp Shot doesnt get a lot of love in the Intv community but what if it had never existed until now as a homebrew game? I bet wed all appreciate it more.....[emoji854]

Wait until we cover it on the podcast. Rick won't be able to stop talking about it!

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Haha 1

I must admit I was a little bummed out when I first played this game.

But as someone who ran home after school to watch TV-PIX on 11-Alive and then Deputy Dawg or Dastardly and Muttley before going out to play.

I ended up put several hours into this game.

I just wish the Space Battle version used the PIX layout and Graphics. Or had an option for both.

3 minutes 39 second in... This video shows some different graphics.

Playing TIP... Well, at least how I play... I hold the fire button the entire time, I press the disc to pass/shoot.

I have scored 105 on football using this method.

• Like 1

I like Sharp Shot for it's simplistic game play and variations. You could easily hold a high score contest or leagues based on this game right here in the AA Forum. Actually, I'm surprised nobody has done it. With this game falling into the shooter genre, because of the straight forward game play, I think you could call this one a "straight shooter!" :grin:

I like Sharp Shot for it's simplistic game play and variations. You could easily hold a high score contest or leagues based on this game right here in the AA Forum. Actually, I'm surprised nobody has done it. With this game falling into the shooter genre, because of the straight forward game play, I think you could call this one a "straight shooter!" :grin:

We have played the football game in the HSC teaser round a few years ago. Not sue if it was posted in the regular intellivision section or HSC ..

Cheers

We also played a multiple scoring game (a classical cparsley when he was behind :lol: ) some years ago for all the games. So not just football.

I will put the game in the next voting... again (actually it was there in the first or second voting this season). All games, but no multiple scoring.

We also played a multiple scoring game (a classical cparsley when he was behind :lol: ) some years ago for all the games. So not just football.

I will put the game in the next voting... again (actually it was there in the first or second voting this season). All games, but no multiple scoring.

Sounds like a great plan.

??

• 2 weeks later...

So, if anyone wants to play this beauty with others: Go on and vote it (but it would be nice to participate as well, not just vote)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/274556-hsc-9-choose-your-game-for-round-6/?p=3940362

HSC Sharp Shot has been voted in for this round. Come join in the fun . Lets find out who has the sharpest shot.

Cheers

• 4 years later...
On 1/19/2018 at 9:42 PM, cmart604 said:

While I dont have a crush on Sharp Shot the way Rick does, I must admit that I play this from time to time and quite enjoy the quick hit games. I believe this and Frog Bog were the first two Intellivision games I started my son on.

Wonderful! Someone who actually used the cartridge for its intended purpose!

Remember that Mattel was not designing individual cartridges, but rather a cartridge line intended to cover a range of diverse interests. Sharp Shot was created for families with young children fascinated by the shiny box but without the eye-hand coordination to play any of the other games. It was expected that the kids would sit on a parent's lap and play the game for a few minutes (what's the attention span of a five-year old?) and go away bored rather than crying, leaving Dad or sibling to play his games in peace. Win all around. Definitely worth the thirty bucks.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:09 PM, 1980gamer said:

But as someone who ran home after school to watch TV-PIX on 11-Alive and then Deputy Dawg or Dastardly and Muttley before going out to play. I ended up put several hours into this game. I just wish the Space Battle version used the PIX layout and Graphics. Or had an option for both.

All the games included on Sharp Shot had two player modes because you were supposed to play them with your little brother. It didn't occur to APh that anyone over 7 would want to play the cartridge by himself.

On 1/20/2018 at 4:32 AM, atarifan88 said:

You could easily hold a high score contest or leagues based on this game right here in the AA Forum.

But contestants should be required to play it as intended, with a five-year old on their lap attempting to operate the controller. To be really fair you should have different divisions, 48 month olds, 49 month olds, 50 month olds, etc.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1