IGNORED

7800 Donkey Kong PK Scores

pjs

The watered-down difficulty from the Arcade that is presented under the popular and familiar original retail ports of many platforms, can result in providing quite the challenge to players of the Arcade accurate difficult DK PK. There is though an easier Novice setting.

Most original retail versions I can play for a very long time, and usually just quit under the ColecoVision, NES, or 7800 original. I typically perform pretty well playng DK PK too, such as during the box contest and a respectable job when creating the video below (Although that playthrough was not intended for maximum points):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVksiALE6e0

• Like 1

Dauber, if you join highscore .com there is a listing for both versions (US and Japan). Good site to track your scores as well as how you do against others.

It'd be cool if there were some DKPK/XM tracks on one of the scorekeeping sites...one for Japaanese format, one for US format...

Grips, that is a monster score! Mine is just over 100k on us starting at screen 1. Ugh. I got work to do!

More work than you think ;) :)

Arcade/US/Level 1 start, I posted the below score middle of last year:

post-18-0-02818700-1500331495.png

:-D

I've gotten closer to, but haven't reached, 175,000 just yet.

As mentioned in the above link, my long term goal of 250,000 is still far off on the horizon. :P