IGNORED

Can I get help with a multicade restore/repair?

Tanooki

I picked up a 60in1 iCade multicade cocktail last night for free of all things, but it was not complete. There's no screen so I went and picked up a cheapo 15" just to test it, thankfully the guy was honest -- it works.

Problem? Audio. I can not get the speaker inside to work at all, but he said it did for him when I asked after I got home and wrote the dude. The board has a phones jack on it, I could halfass it with some headphones/pc speakers that don't use an AC adapter as that may work but I'd rather get the speaker in there doing its thing. I traced the two wires back from the speaker to the long jamma harness set to both pins on Row #10, which I could find online is correct for the audio (located manual in PDF format.) I'm stumped.

Second to that, I want to get a correct screen for this. Best I can see you need a 19" LCD. I could go the $170-200 shipped route for the original panel, or I could track down a PC LCD for like 25% of that about as the multicade uses a VGA jack anyway along with a monitor power cable.

I'd really like to get this thing working right, as of now it's jury rigged with a monitor bent back sitting on a board and a piece of drywall to keep it level under the open view space and I have to run a wire from some speakers outside for the sound which isn't convenient at all.

For the audio, (and maybe you already checked this out) but there's a thread with some great troubleshooting tips here: https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=166700

As for the monitor, not much to do about that except either bite the bullet and go for the OG panel or get a "close enough" panel. Depends on your budget, but if it was me I would likely go for the "good enough" PC panel. If you're feeling frisky, you could also throw a cheap VGA scanline genny into it for 'dat retro cred: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/scan-line-generators/1253-mini-slg.html

Any pictures of the cab?

Edited by TPA5