Best Glue for 5" Floppy Labels?

Glue Labels

5 replies to this topic

#1 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 3,962 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:15 PM

Many of my Apple II disks have had the glue dry and the labels drop off.  Any recommendations for glue that will work well and not do any damage or bleed through for the most part? 

#2 save2600 OFFLINE  

• 14,862 posts

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:16 PM

Good old fashioned glue sticks should do the trick. Can even go way out to the edges without worry as the glue dries nice and clear.

River Patroller

• 4,718 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:21 PM

I have no idea on the bleed-through, but anywhere I have needed glue but not super-glue I have been using Scotch "Create" permanent tacky glue.  It is white glue and is marketed as "photo safe," found at craft stores for scrap-booking and such.

I have mostly used it to hold plastic or metallic labels and tabs.  I suspect it would be good for paper-type products considering its prescribed use in-store.

Office Depot carries what looks to be a similar product which says it can be used for paper.

Actually, it looks like I cannot find the "create" product and Scotch's official website only lists the above glue.  But the specs from the site say it will not bleed through paper.

#4 eightbit OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• 3,070 posts

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 PM

This is the only glue I ever use for disk labels, cart labels...pretty much ALL labels. Never bleeds through, dries clear, easy to clean residual glue that ends up on the wrong side of the label. It is the best, bar none: http://elmers.com/product/detail/e523

#5 Osgeld ONLINE  

River Patroller

• 4,851 posts

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:47 PM

yep glue sticks, generic's work fine the elmers does tend to have a bit more of a grip

oh , elmers has a spray glue, I would not use any spray glue for labels or graphics as they tend to drip and while the spray doesnt effect the labels, the drips do... I learned that this past weekend, I use spray glue to stick stuff to my cutting mats so I can shove them through my knife wielding robot (vinyl cutter) so hey I have a can of that and I need to glue these paper labels.... splots everywhere cause the nozzle starts to clog and drops drips of pure water like glue. Luckily they were nothing I couldnt reprint as I printed them in the first place  

Edited by Osgeld, Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:53 PM.

#6 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,962 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Thu Feb 1, 2018 7:48 AM

Perfect.  Thanks everyone!  Going to get the Elmers purple glue stick at Mal Wart this weekend. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glue, Labels

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users