Atari 7800 / 2600 / SMS NES style controllers V1.2

Atari 2600 7800 controller NES coupling itsallgeek3d

132 replies to this topic

#126 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

River Patroller

• 2,133 posts

Posted Thu Oct 4, 2018 6:56 PM

i picked up one of your controllers from one of the first runs- it has brought me many hours of great playtime on my 2600 :)

thank you again for making such an awesome controller.  

#127 Bratwurst OFFLINE  

Bratwurst

Stargunner

• 1,202 posts

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:57 AM

Anyone know a good source for the black NES controller shells other than eBay? I'd like to make a pair of Sega themed controllers for my Game Gear console.

#128 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,847 posts

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:27 AM

alibaba / aliexpress

#129 gorfcadet OFFLINE  

gorfcadet

Stargunner

• 1,274 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 6:28 AM

Someone was just asking me where to get a 7800 coupler and I realized you weren't selling currently.  Glad things are going well for you!  Don't overwork yourself.  

#130 john_q_atari OFFLINE  

john_q_atari

Chopper Commander

• 119 posts
  • Y build 1 when U can have 2 for twice the price!

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:23 PM

Since everyone keeps recommending these controllers I figured I would post here for advice. Months ago I assembled 2 controllers from parts that DanthWader sent me. When I use them both controllers seem to be too "plastic scratchy" when I move the dpad and not completely "rubbery smooth" as I would have expected. (best I can describe what I experience when using my DanthWader nes-type controllers). It feels like plastic parts are rubbing together. Since everyone loves these controllers I guess my experience must be the outlier and maybe I messed something up when I assembled mine as everyone continues to recommend them. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I can try playing with the controller again tonight and see if I can better describe what I am feeling when using them. I do remember having to squeeze the shells together when I screwed the whole thing shut so maybe it is operator error.

#131 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 6,752 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:45 PM

Since everyone keeps recommending these controllers I figured I would post here for advice. Months ago I assembled 2 controllers from parts that DanthWader sent me. When I use them both controllers seem to be too "plastic scratchy" when I move the dpad and not completely "rubbery smooth" as I would have expected. (best I can describe what I experience when using my DanthWader nes-type controllers). It feels like plastic parts are rubbing together. Since everyone loves these controllers I guess my experience must be the outlier and maybe I messed something up when I assembled mine as everyone continues to recommend them. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I can try playing with the controller again tonight and see if I can better describe what I am feeling when using them. I do remember having to squeeze the shells together when I screwed the whole thing shut so maybe it is operator error.

Can't say I quite understand what you are describing? The only part of the put together process that might give you some fight is the controller cord if you don't quite have it in the grooves right. Otherwise they could go together very easily and not require much if any force at all to on the shells when assembling. My only issues with these controllers is that the carbon contacts I don't think are that great as frequently a button press won't quite register 100%. Has caused me more than a few missed jumps in DonkeyKong XM... 

Also the guts can be placed into actual legit NES controller shells and parts and there is a difference in the feel of them doing that. 

#132 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 18,305 posts

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:20 PM

You might have some competition. Someone designed a controller adapter to use nes pads on a 7800 without modding!!! :o
http://www.tailchao....ystem/index.php

#133 jig_man2 OFFLINE  

jig_man2

Star Raider

• 52 posts

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:49 PM

If you end up doing more controllers I’d like to buy one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atari, 2600, 7800, controller, NES, coupling, itsallgeek3d

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users