IGNORED

What mods have been done or are still available for the Lynxes?

Lynxpro

What are some of the really good hacks that have been done to the Lynxes over the years? Aside from the McWill LCD screen/VGA output, mosfet, etc? i guess I should also mention replacing the speaker too.

I remember when Candle was working on an LCD replacement solution, he was discussing adding a Sega MegaDrive/Genesis compatible DB9 port.

I've seen some battery replacement solutions and also even a video of someone adding Bluetooth audio to their Lynx [it was a video on YouTube and in French].

So what else has been done? If possible, share pics and links...to the modded Lynxes. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did a Lipo battery mod.

And don't forget the old overclocking mod. In the late 90s I added a 24 MHz crystal and a switch. Some games really improve from it, some get unplayable.

I started working on a variable speed mod but it didn't work out as I hoped. It can work but would require some digital control instead of the pot that I tried.

Edited by Level42

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see it completed. Also do you plan on or putting together a full how-to kind of guide/article for your LIPO mod? If you like I can publish it on AG but I'd need some more details and photos, etc.

I'd love to see it completed. Also do you plan on or putting together a full how-to kind of guide/article for your LIPO mod? If you like I can publish it on AG but I'd need some more details and photos, etc.

Well...if time allows yes. Must say I'm not in the most ideal private circumstances right now...but let's see what happens.

There is also still a minor issue with the LIPO mod. Turning on and off the Lynx sometimes works right away, sometimes it takes a lot of pushes of the button.....Not sure why this is and needs to be investigated. I suspect the resistance of the contact maybe too high for the interface to turn on/off sometimes....but not sure.

In the mean time, I just ordered an Arduino Mini, a display and a certain break-out board for that other Lynx project... :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hah, excellent !!! I love simple but very clever ideas, well done.....I have not so much to complain about Lynx 1's controls....although I used to have the one with the cross that allowed better diagonals. Lynx II controls.....one of the reasons why I stick to the I only.....