IGNORED

best S-video mod for a 6 switcher, not looking for RGB

cypher007

I think there are tons of threads already on here you could search to find opinions on different mods. If you are looking for a kit, there is http://electronicsentimentalities.com/Assembled%20Mods.htmlfound on Google. I would search the forums for reviews. If someone is currently selling one, they will probably pipe up eventually.

Maybe I'm the only purist here, but are you sure you want to mod a six-switcher at all? I think they're pretty beautiful pieces of history in their stock form.

If this comes across as trolling, I apologize. :)

There are ways to do such mods without changing the aesthetics. Like using a cable attached with the s-video connection and audio outputs through an opening on the system instead of drilling holes. If I had to mod an H6 for instance, that is how I would do it.

thanks guys will look at the Bryan's UAV mod. I know what your saying about being pure, that's why I wasn't keen on the RGB mod. ive already done one 2600 and done the same trick with the external box approach. the reason I'm asking is that I'm selling the first 2600 to a friend and just wondered if things had moved on from the Longhorn mod and the fact the guy selling the Pal mod here in the UK doesn't seem to be about anymore.