IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - A Long Nap

RSS Bot

At about 10am yesterday, I decided that I was going to lay in bed with my eyes closed because I was tired. I fell asleep, had a few crazy dreams, and the next thing I know it's 10pm.

Anyway, before that, I worked on Killer Heads of Lettuce, trying to make it randomly select whether the lettuce attacks in a sinus wave or straight. I finally got it the way I wanted. I don't know why, but I have felt super tired these past few months. While I was asleep, the mail came. I got a box. I opened the box. Inside the box was Bowling for the Channel F. It's good that I got this because I am able to play it after all.

But I have to hold button 1 when I reset the game or else it will pick 2 player mode. It plays a lot like the Bowling for Microvision only the physics are a little wacky. I still haven't figured out a way to get strikes, but I had got a few. What would end up as a strike in the Microvision would give you a nasty split in the Channel F game. And because of the weirdness of it, I was able to pick up a couple of splits. Can't get above 130 or so. It's fun, but in the end, Videocart #17 (Breakout) is better.

I got the weird grassy-type land again while working on Killer Heads of Lettuce. I don't know why it happens. I'm guessing it's because I'm using too much code. But I got it to go away. And if anyone can think of another attack pattern for the lettuce to do, please tell me it. I wish there was an LTO Flash-type thing for the Channel F, and I'd buy one. Just one of the problems of people coding for systems that don't get very much homebrew attention.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14549-a-long-nap/