IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Week 6 ~ Gold Medal Pick

Vocelli

Ok so I'm to understand to keep up with the Jonses this week, I need to get 80K with 6 lives showing/remanining?

So this post doesnt help me? I must be the oldest competitor this week, or at least have the worst reaction time. I don't understand how you guys make it look so easy, I find it very challenging.

& the guy who wanted to let his kid take over, that made my blood boil even more. I hope I don't ruin a controller over this, I threw it plenty of times earlier today

post-1754-0-19298800-1519347558_thumb.jpg

Ok so I'm to understand to keep up with the Jonses this week, I need to get 80K with 6 lives showing/remanining?

So this post doesnt help me? I must be the oldest competitor this week, or at least have the worst reaction time. I don't understand how you guys make it look so easy, I find it very challenging.

& the guy who wanted to let his kid take over, that made my blood boil even more. I hope I don't ruin a controller over this, I threw it plenty of times earlier today

I was having troubles with it as well until I started only killing the ground unit and the one above it. If you get bored, you can start killing the middle unit or even top, but much larger chance of dying. Also there's a safe zone between the middle unit and the lowest flying unit (not the ground) for when you want to take photos. My photo has my ship sitting in that zone.

• Like 1

Boy this was boring. I probably would have scored higher and had 6 ships left, but I accidentally reset the game. I pushed start on my SNES controller thinking I was going to pause the game. Instead it rest the game. Oops. I am playing on an Analogue NT Mini. I ended up playing a second game to get 20,900 with 6 ships.

post-40283-0-20979100-1519351093_thumb.jpg

post-40283-0-42545600-1519351116_thumb.jpg

Yeah found the safe spot. Guess I needed a bit more time with the game. Got this score & mustve bumped the 7800, froze the game, & got this screen color.

I will make this my final, I really dont want to torture myself anymore. Not like I have a chance to win anyway.

post-1754-0-18628000-1519351357_thumb.jpg

Edited by RJ

I was only kidding, I would never subject my son to Space Jockey. Child abuse is wrong in all forms.

And don't worry about winning, NO ONE wins where Space Jockey is concerned.

• Like 1

Really? The one that says "Video Game - Time Race" and the number "SS-001" on the label? That's the Suntek version, and it's supposed to be PAL. How did that end up across the pond?

yeah, I got it in a pack of PAL and pirate games from a guy in Israel (or wait, was it Lebanon? somewhere) who was selling games here at AtariAge. Time Race for some reason works on my 4-switch woodgrain but only if I use a CRT TV.

I totally agree with you about the fun of all these wacky carts! Here are a few of my favorites:

post-34560-0-99076500-1519375636_thumb.jpgpost-34560-0-08865100-1519375651_thumb.jpgpost-34560-0-35753600-1519375661_thumb.jpg

Mr. T is not Saboteur but Fast Eddie

River Raid II isn't any of the RR II's I heard of -- it's a MASH hack with submarines

and that's artwork for Q*bert?? LOL!

I'm also fond of the artwork for this RR II - it looks like something I would have drawn at like age 10

Another example of PAL silliness: Lilly Adventure won't play on the CRT and looks offset and horrible when I play it in the 7800 and LED, but in the 4-switch and LED... It works fine!

[edit] another funny thing: Donkey Kong and Pac-Kong both have the same artwork -- which is clearly made for Mr. Do!'s Castle!

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

Yeah found the safe spot. Guess I needed a bit more time with the game. Got this score & mustve bumped the 7800, froze the game, & got this screen color.

I will make this my final, I really dont want to torture myself anymore. Not like I have a chance to win anyway.

There's also a safe spot between the top and middle tier.

Time Race for some reason works on my 4-switch woodgrain but only if I use a CRT TV.

This leads me to suspect that all the Time Race versions have never been converted from NTSC at all. NTSC games do run on PAL systems, albeit slower and with another colour scheme. It's the other way around that causes problems with vertical hold etc. It could be that they just didn't bother.

• Like 1