Are people here with experience on the DS990 and TI-990 Mini Computer systems?
Count me interesting in sharing about these systems.
I just bought a DS990/1 which comes with a FD1000, which is a dual 8" Floppy Disk Drive Unit.
You can find details on the acution:
My main motivation to go for this was:
- approval of my wife
- incentive for 2017 from the job is being paid out
- some hardware project to improve hardware skills as it seems the Disk Drive is not working
- ability to preserve and create 8" TI-990 disks for other owners of the system
- ability to run TI-990 software on the real iron
- ability to buy and preserve not yet preserved TI-990 software when it shows up
- replace the FD1000 functionality by some Pc RS232 Software
- testing support for hardware projects that try to "FPGA" a whole TI-990 (speccery)
- explore possibilities to use TI-990 programming languages on the TI-99/4A (or TI-99/8).
Two years ago I bought a TI-990/5 CPU board and two VDT911 controller boards (with no 911). And a 13 slot backplane and the main power supply for it. But there was no case or Frontpanel.
It was all parts only.