Photo

Horizon RAM disk help

58 replies to this topic

#51 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Stargunner

• 1,141 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 7:27 AM

Ricky, I have U19 as a 138. Is that what that is, otherwise it looks like the board. Its gonna be hard to see, but maybe you have docs, but I need the wiring pin layout on upper to lower to lower on U20. And wiring from pin to pin on all jumpers..its a lot
Thanks

Do you have a copy of the HRD+ Construction guide with you? And yes U19 is a 138.  :)

Edited by RickyDean, Wed May 8, 2019 7:29 AM.

#52 GDMike OFFLINE  

GDMike

Chopper Commander

• 138 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 7:53 AM

I do not. All docs that I've seen as far as construction and test get as far as steps place board with no chips into peb. Check for led Lt. Now run men test without discussing wiring..so be on the lookout. As this won't help me..just FYI
Give me that doc if you don't mind and give me a week or two in order for me to verify stuff..thank you! Awesome

Edited by GDMike, Wed May 8, 2019 7:56 AM.

#53 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Stargunner

• 1,141 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 8:20 AM

I do not. All docs that I've seen as far as construction and test get as far as steps place board with no chips into peb. Check for led Lt. Now run men test without discussing wiring..so be on the lookout. As this won't help me..just FYI
Give me that doc if you don't mind and give me a week or two in order for me to verify stuff..thank you! Awesome

At this link  http://atariage.com/...-2#entry3436985 in post #40 is a original copy of the pdf. And below are some cleaned up pdf's of the same. Let me know if this helps.

Attached Files

Edited by RickyDean, Wed May 8, 2019 8:21 AM.

#54 GDMike OFFLINE  

GDMike

Chopper Commander

• 138 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 8:33 AM

Yes..i actually started with this and ended up with a problem. But, for the sake of redundancy and triple checking, we will start with this. I was also comparing my board layout and based everything on what my board was saying. What I mean is that pin to pin schematic wise did not match my card. Anyway, this board will start over and I'll let you know how far I get and the snags I encounter. Take a break for awhile..I'll be in touch.
The photos will help a lot I believe!!
I'm hoping for the the best!! Thanks Ricky

#55 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Stargunner

• 1,141 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 9:27 AM

Here are a few more of the photos, they may help some too. And keep in mind that the colors probably meant something too. Like keeping address lines separate, etc.

Attached Files

Edited by RickyDean, Wed May 8, 2019 9:28 AM.

#56 GDMike OFFLINE  

GDMike

Chopper Commander

• 138 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 12:13 PM

got it all! thank you! have a super week!

#57 GDMike OFFLINE  

GDMike

Chopper Commander

• 138 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 2:35 PM

question already...on the back, WHICH pin is this green trace running to? the left or right side of where it is? And can I get a higher res on the top of the board view and each side of those support chips. The directions say on U1 pin 2 need to be a jumper..I don't see that on this photo view..it looks like pin 3 is jumpered..that's why I may need higher res.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ask1.jpg   137.64KB   0 downloads

Edited by GDMike, Wed May 8, 2019 2:47 PM.

#58 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Stargunner

• 1,141 posts

Posted Thu May 9, 2019 6:02 AM

question already...on the back, WHICH pin is this green trace running to? the left or right side of where it is? And can I get a higher res on the top of the board view and each side of those support chips. The directions say on U1 pin 2 need to be a jumper..I don't see that on this photo view..it looks like pin 3 is jumpered..that's why I may need higher res.

I'm sorry, I can't provide any higher res of this unit as it is not mine nor in my possession.

The green wire runs through the hole and from what I can make of it ties into the first pin on the stacked 138's on the right of the cru selector switch.

Keep in mind that these extra wires were added to support the stacking of the memory chips, so you have to be sure the base first layer is connected correctly, according to the guide, then follow the directions in the guide for the stacking process, per layer.

If you click on the photo in Atariage a pop up will open of that photo in a it's true size, and you can see the detail somewhat better.

Hope this helps, and if anyone else has better information please chime in. Thanks

#59 GDMike OFFLINE  

GDMike

Chopper Commander

• 138 posts

Posted Thu May 9, 2019 6:12 AM

Gotcha.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users