IGNORED

Speak & Spell disk - how do i run it?

digdugnate

I inherited a Speak & Spell diskette, which I have vague recollection of as a kid.

I was looking around a bit on the AA forum and the net, but I can't find anything on this darn program, lol. How do I run it?

If I load XB and do an old dsk1.speakspell, then run, i get an error thats something like 'error in line 240'.

Can anyone help?

ok- i didnt see the diskette on whtech, but here's the error when i run it from TI Extended Basic:

BAD VALUE IN 240

240 is: CALL CHAR(I+J, W$)

I tried to run it with TE2 'installed' from TI Basic but it bombed out at line 100 with a syntax error (I think). Line 100 was CALL SAY ("").

I think there's just something I'm missing, but I have no clue without a manual or anything to go on. :)

This one is interesting. I found the disk buried on the whtech site (here, if you are interested: http://ftp.whtech.com/video/Chicago%20TI%20Fair%202014%20Videos/Chicago%20TI%20Faire%20Disk%202014/SPLIT_VARIOUS_1376/S_19/)

This program appears to be a TI BASIC program that requires the Speech Editor cartridge to run. It also seems to require a CALL FILES(1) / NEW before you can run it successfully. I got a MEMORY FULL error the first time I ran it without doing that. Give that a try.

This one is interesting. I found the disk buried on the whtech site (here, if you are interested: http://ftp.whtech.com/video/Chicago%20TI%20Fair%202014%20Videos/Chicago%20TI%20Faire%20Disk%202014/SPLIT_VARIOUS_1376/S_19/)

This program appears to be a TI BASIC program that requires the Speech Editor cartridge to run. It also seems to require a CALL FILES(1) / NEW before you can run it successfully. I got a MEMORY FULL error the first time I ran it without doing that. Give that a try.

oooh ok!

I have to run some errands but I'll give this a try when I get back home. :) thank you!