Important news and I need some help.

102 replies to this topic

#101 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,260 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:47 PM

Just a hint: Wasn´t Freddy a program with copy protection ? Or is this a "clean" version ?

#102 Justin Payne OFFLINE  

Justin Payne

Dragonstomper

• 786 posts
  • Busy updating XEGS Podcast website to Angular2

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 AM

So, speaking of disk controllers to use with this thing, obtaining one seems like it's going to be somewhat of a challenge. I did find some schematics online, which would allow me to build my own. Before I take on that task, would it actually be worth it? Reason I ask is that the TI99 was really more of a cart based machine and it seems to me that obtaining that solution first would be a better starting point. I want to support the Gotek initiative but maybe I'm not in a good position to help with that at this time. Thoughts?

#103 mizapf ONLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 3,069 posts

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:37 AM

So, speaking of disk controllers to use with this thing, obtaining one seems like it's going to be somewhat of a challenge. I did find some schematics online, which would allow me to build my own. Before I take on that task, would it actually be worth it? Reason I ask is that the TI99 was really more of a cart based machine and it seems to me that obtaining that solution first would be a better starting point.

The cartridges of the TI are typically software-only. It is possible to put hardware beyond simple EPROMs inside, but typically you have to connect controllers as expansion cards in the P-Box. One simple reason: The cartridge port does not offer the address range that is used for the device drivers.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users