IGNORED

Jagaur 'Kitty Box' video output

LS650

I'm hard-pressed to see a whole lot of difference, certainly not 100 Euro's worth.

PS I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned that I misspelled Jaguar in the original post!

Edited by ls650
  • Like 1

The image is also stretched. This is pretty much a dead giveaway that it is a cheap composite to hdmi upscaler in a kit box. I've got nearly the same results with my composite and s-video to hdmi upscaler I use on all of my retro consoles now. Only because my TV allows me to, I can still shrink the image from the upscaler to 4:3 proper.

• Like 1

What does this have to do with the OSSC? Did you order 3 of them? 8)

Maybe he's going to do some comparisons?

If not, then yeah, the Kitty box is kind of pointless.

Yeah, reading comprehension doesn't seem to be popular among trolls these days, especially when it was mentioned earlier in the thread :?

The device arrived but haven't had a chance to try it out. It's in one piece which is already a step up.. This thread has been a good resource for upscalers so looking fwd to seeing the differences..

Be sure to buy 3 of them and of course tell us about it!

The OSSC has been reviewed and compared to the xrgb-mini countless times. Plenty of reading available online.

And ooooh, the winner between the two will probably get an order for 7 more, which is what I was talking about when I said I wanted to look into it a bit later, not reviews of the product. Possible discount for buying multiples, shipping costs, etc.. :lol:

:cool:

Excellent comeback! Can't argue with that, but it certainly explains a lot..

madman gonna madman :rolling: Good talk.. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I left my Jaguar powered on most of the day and it powered on/off randomly a few times. This, using a different base unit and plugging the Kitty Box directly into the wall instead of a surge protector. All the connections are tight and clean (no visible corrosion, etc.) so if anyone has other troubleshooting ideas, I'd love to hear them. I guess it got pretty banged up on the ride over since no one else has mentioned similar.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Toxic guy. I lashes out at AA and SainT regularly on his fb site, particularly hating on JagSD. It's quite mean.

Yeah, he bashed me a few times when I was selling my Rotary Controllers. He was saying because I mod'ed a few dozen Jag controllers, all of a sudden there is gonna be a shortage.

I think it's because he was hyping his new Jag Controller he was working on(which I don't think ever came out). 

On 9/3/2019 at 2:33 PM, agradeneu said:

Toxic guy. I lashes out at AA and SainT regularly on his fb site, particularly hating on JagSD. It's quite mean.

All true. Plus his "legendary" soldering skills. Still, those dust doors are flippin' sweet.

He also bragged a few months back that he had figured out a super cheap way - if I recall, less than 5 euros, supposedly - to get the 5200's analog joysticks to self center. But then he got booted from 3 different Atari themed Facebook groups for being an insufferable braggart and also swiping the "UAV" name from Bryan on here at AA for his own video mod before he was able to reveal his finding. If he was actually going to do so and not try to commercialize it first.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:54 PM, Lynxpro said:

The Jaguar dust doors he makes look pretty cool...

On 9/5/2019 at 12:22 AM, Lynxpro said:

Still, those dust doors are flippin' sweet.

I've got one of his "dust doors" for the cartridge slot. I'm a fan. It doesn't look quite as good as the pictures on his site and I expected it to be made of plastic but it wound up being a fairly sturdy foam core-type product. I'm still happy with it. I also have some of his keypad overlays that have not yet been made by anyone else. He was fine to deal with. All of that said, we might wanna put a lock on this thread, as I know Al and others are not comfortable with us talking about and promoting this guy's products, due to past interactions.

P.S. His name is Chris Maier, not Ralf Puckner.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:38 PM, Saturn said:

Excellent comeback! Can't argue with that, but it certainly explains a lot..

madman gonna madman :rolling: Good talk.. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I left my Jaguar powered on most of the day and it powered on/off randomly a few times. This, using a different base unit and plugging the Kitty Box directly into the wall instead of a surge protector. All the connections are tight and clean (no visible corrosion, etc.) so if anyone has other troubleshooting ideas, I'd love to hear them. I guess it got pretty banged up on the ride over since no one else has mentioned similar.

Man, put that faulty piece of shit in the bin before it fries your Jag!

It sounds like it's shorting something out.

You've had 2, they've both been crap.

A cool case does not a good device make.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gummy Bear said:

Man, put that faulty piece of shit in the bin before it fries your Jag!

It sounds like it's shorting something out.

You've had 2, they've both been crap.

A cool case does not a good device make.

Done. Boxed it up a while back and into the display case it went.

• Like 1