IGNORED

Retro Gaming - Intellivoice

Denicio

Greetings Intellynerds,

Just now getting around to listening to the Intellivisionaries Podcast on Keith Robinson. Near the end of the podcast someone mentioned a 'retro gaming' review of the intellivoice hardware.

Can someone direct me to it?

Is it an audio only podcast? Is it a youtube video?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Denicio

• Like 1

The Bomb Squad part at the end was so funny.

Lmao !!!

I remember the triumph i felt when i beat bomb squad back in the day! The fireworks splash screen.......i let it play for an hour till mom told me to turn it off!

The guy doing this silly review seems to have missed what the Intelli part of Intellivision stands for. Yeah, you gotta RTFM for games like bomb squad.

Alas, i dont think this was what the guys mention in the Keith tribute. They mentioned something about "Retro Gaming". Is that a podcast?

• Like 2

Somehow that didn't come across, it's not particularly funny or clever, I guess any jackass with a camera in his phone can make "funny" videos and put them on the internet.

James Rolfe put's a lot of effort in his videos. I doubt every jackass manage to bring this quality content on the Inter Webs.

• Like 1

He started out just trashing terrible NES games, and then expanded to other games, systems, and accessories.

Watch more of his videos before you give up on his humor. As I recall he has trashed several classic systems. I recall him ranting about the Coleco power supply brick (among other things) in one of them. I found the video over all amusing, and I grew up with and love Coleco. Doesnt mean I dont think some of the things he complained about werent valid.

I think we can all agree that no matter how much nostalgia we have for a system or game, in hindsight, they all had some pretty big short comings, each in their own way. AVGN just takes those short comings to the next level.

I remember the triumph i felt when i beat bomb squad back in the day! The fireworks splash screen.......i let it play for an hour till mom told me to turn it off!

The guy doing this silly review seems to have missed what the Intelli part of Intellivision stands for. Yeah, you gotta RTFM for games like bomb squad.

Alas, i dont think this was what the guys mention in the Keith tribute. They mentioned something about "Retro Gaming". Is that a podcast?

It was too long ago for me to remember, and many other podcasts that have filtered thru my head.

Could you be thinking of Retro Gaming Roundup?

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com

It was too long ago for me to remember, and many other podcasts that have filtered thru my head.

Could you be thinking of Retro Gaming Roundup?

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com

Dude....dude...i think you nailed it. Looking at the show notes it may be this exact one

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2017/roundup119_2017.07.php

Thanks for the reply on this!

D