emulator colem windows linux android

113 replies to this topic

#101 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 11:23 AM

Which emulator has the most accurate palette as well as the most accurate settings for scan lines or whatever in order to have the best representation on a raster based television.

Mike, you might want to ask your question in a separate forum thread. Since I've started this thread mostly for ColEm release announcements and support, you are looking for somewhat off-topic information.

#102 Mike Harris OFFLINE  

Mike Harris

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 11:49 AM

Mike, you might want to ask your question in a separate forum thread. Since I've started this thread mostly for ColEm release announcements and support, you are looking for somewhat off-topic information.

Sorry, I thought it was about COLEM itself and not an advertisement.

In that 2 seconds you said to go somewhere else you could have just said, my emulator has the most accurate colors.  Which unto itself would have been an advertisement.

That's fine, thanks for your time.

Oh, BTW....Is telling me that you have the most accurate colors and setting up scan lines support?

Again, thank you for your time.

Edited by Mike Harris, Mon May 13, 2019 11:51 AM.

#103 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 PM

In that 2 seconds you said to go somewhere else you could have just said, my emulator has the most accurate colors.  Which unto itself would have been an advertisement.

Mike, I do not advertise my own stuff like that, even in support threads. As to colors, you can use any palette you like with ColEm, just provide your own .pal file. Can't say much about how accurate scanlines are compared to other emulators, did not run any specialized tests for that. But that is not exactly the response you were expecting, right?

#104 Mike Harris OFFLINE  

Mike Harris

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 12:11 PM

Mike, I do not advertise my own stuff like that, even in support threads. As to colors, you can use any palette you like with ColEm, just provide your own .pal file. Can't say much about how accurate scanlines are compared to other emulators, did not run any specialized tests for that. But that is not exactly the response you were expecting, right?

Actually when I read my previous entry I did not specify COLEM.  I just assumed because it is the only emulator I use to be the most accurate.

When I tried my game on a real ADAM all the colors were an eye sore which put me back 2 months of hard work.

It was either take liberties with my port or scrap the game altogether all because the palette was not accurate to reality.
How about one last question...
Are the colors that come with COLEM 4.6, downloaded from your website, for the PC an accurate representation of a real RASTER TV, NTSC, in the United States at 3.58 mhz running off Channel 3.

#105 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 12:21 PM

Are the colors that come with COLEM 4.6, downloaded from your website, for the PC an accurate representation of a real RASTER TV, NTSC, in the United States at 3.58 mhz running off Channel 3.

Not a slightest idea, sorry. Especially considering that NTSC is so famous for its color fidelity that it is often spelled as "Never The Same Color". But, again, if you don't like the built-in colors, provide your own.

#106 Mike Harris OFFLINE  

Mike Harris

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 12:37 PM

See, now I am intrigued...

Are the default colors you provided the most accurate representation output by the TMS9928A?

It would be self evident that when you created your masterpiece that it would be accurate in every way, after all what's it been? over 20 years to get it right?

#107 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 12:51 PM

See, now I am intrigued...

Are the default colors you provided the most accurate representation output by the TMS9928A?

It would be self evident that when you created your masterpiece that it would be accurate in every way, after all what's it been? over 20 years to get it right?

As I previously mentioned, I am unable to satisfy your curiosity in this field. Since your original questions did not pertain to ColEm emulator, you might be better off asking them in a separate forum thread, as I already suggested.

#108 Mike Harris OFFLINE  

Mike Harris

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 1:02 PM

Thanks...I'm done pulling teeth.

#109 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 3,105 posts

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 1:05 PM

@Mike - you might be better off simply firing up blueMSX, CoolCV, ColEm etc. all at the same time on your PC and viewing identical palette test screens on them all.  That way you can directly see the differences and which is closest to your TVs.

#110 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 AM

ColEm Deluxe is on $1.99 sale at the moment:

https://play.google....ms.colem.deluxe

#111 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 3,105 posts

Posted Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 AM

Any news on fixes for the multiple bugs I have reported?

#112 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Yesterday, 5:08 PM

Any news on fixes for the multiple bugs I have reported?

If you mean the startup title time, I have not been able to find anything wrong with it. If there was an overall timing issue, that would affect timers in games. But these appear to tick just right. It is possible that we are looking at two different BIOSes, since that title appearance time is defined in the BIOS code.

#113 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 3,105 posts

Posted Yesterday, 5:23 PM

I'm comparing against the original, unmodified, BIOS so the delay should be 12.65 seconds and is in fact only 10.7 seconds with ColEm.

The other bug is the one I reported to you regarding the game Carnival as reported here.

#114 GarageResearch OFFLINE  

GarageResearch

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 103 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:20 PM

I'm comparing against the original, unmodified, BIOS so the delay should be 12.65 seconds and is in fact only 10.7 seconds with ColEm.

The other bug is the one I reported to you regarding the game Carnival as reported here.

I understand about the BIOS delay but so far have not pinpointed the reason. As to Carnival, I requested a .STA file that would exhibit this problem but did not see any response to that request. Having problems recreating the issue on my own.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emulator, colem, windows, linux, android

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users