IGNORED

Vintage Computer Cave? legit? Scam?

I ordered a Kernal ROM chip from Vintage computer cave on Mar 14th and never got any product. Just a confirmation email. I've replied to the email a few times about the status, but never got a reply. Before I bought I searched for the store and saw one user post about being concerned about buying from them, but got the part a few days later.

Anyone ever use this place??

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

Many threads on Lemon64 about them. They randomly stop fulfilling orders for various reasons at various times. You may have to wait a long time if ever to get your order.

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67224&sid=efb99ef4482f1b1bc4602fd773006911

That's the thread I saw, where the order got fulfilled.. I am going to submit a fraud claim. I sent numerous emails and got NO reply.

Dude, what Kernal are you needing? I have some spare parts around here I could help a brutha out.

Crap! Too bad you didn't chime in earlier, I had to resort to ebay. The good news is that the chip came today and it fixed the c64! Now most of the chips are socketed on my system.

Now, the keyboard is messed up though :((( Return doesn't work and some other keys are sketchy.

post-1274-0-43983700-1523415035.jpg