Thanks and Cheers to A8 coders & creators

53 replies to this topic

#51 erichenneke OFFLINE  

erichenneke

Moonsweeper

• 322 posts

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:33 PM

Frederik Holst (Freetz) - 1K Atascii Blaster, MidiJoy

Jurgen van Radecke (tf_hh) - lots of great hardware: SysCheck2.2, Atari400 48KB/52KB RAM card, 512KB SRAM expansion, KEYCON, Super Color CPU card for 400/800, and more.

#52 Fingolfin OFFLINE  

Fingolfin

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 84 posts
  • Adventurer seeking Atari 8 bit magic!

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 PM

Thank you very much for adding to the list erichenneke!   :thumbsup:

I look forward to trying Rain of Terror; thank you again for your part in making and sharing this and for what you do as a coder and creator for the A8 scene!  :)

I will add Frederik Holst (Freetz) and Jurgen van Radecke (tf_hh) to the list of contemporary coders and creators of software and hardware to be acknowledged and thanked!

Best Regards

Fingolfin

Edited by Fingolfin, Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 PM.

#53 TheMontezuma ONLINE  

TheMontezuma

Dragonstomper

• 603 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:34 AM

@Fingolfin

Please don't get me wrong but it looks like a mutual admiration society.

I understand that you had good intensions but you will always miss somebody this way.

Since you wanted to appreaciate all creators, it would be better not to name any person at all, rather than to forget somebody and make him sad.

It is just my opinion.

Marcin

#54 Mclaneinc OFFLINE  

Mclaneinc

Quadrunner

• 5,424 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:47 AM

@Fingolfin

Please don't get me wrong but it looks like a mutual admiration society.

I understand that you had good intensions but you will always miss somebody this way.

Since you wanted to appreaciate all creators, it would be better not to name any person at all, rather than to forget somebody and make him sad.

It is just my opinion.

Marcin

I truly see where you are coming from Marcin, these lists can be good and bad, I personally can't / don't remember all those who have made stuff but when I see it posted I ALWAYS make sure to thank and encourage them, not only good manners but nice to give creative feedback to those helping us all have fun. On the other hand its nice to see a list that shows just how many great folk still add to this hobby even now and its nice to give a collective thank you but as you say they can also be seen as a clique even though its not.

I always like to look for the positive at things like this and its nice to have the list but best also to thank the people at the time they release something, that is when they will appreciate being appreciated more..

To the great folk who do anything in whatever capacity towards this wonderful hobby, I salute you, no matter what you think of how big your work is its always welcomed and enjoyed...Size does not always matter, its the thought involved (The wife won't go for that line though) :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users