37 replies to this topic

#26 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,665 posts

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:57 PM

I don't know if this is right.

I've catched some B icons (I suppose bonus) and there appears B at left, but when you lose a life these stay the same.

The B icons are for the smart bombs. The 1Up icons are for your lives.

#27 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• 5,320 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 AM

The B icons are for the smart bombs. The 1Up icons are for your lives.

Ouch! now I know why I couldn't pass to level 2 in the new version, it's harder than before but it would be easier using the bombs :)

Didn't knew. Thanks! :thumbsup:

#28 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,665 posts

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:54 AM

No guarantees for the 9938 emulation (and no money back). :-D I never really looked deeper into its implementation, and some issues are already known (like unrealistic command performance).

I found this in the EVPC2 hardawware manual:

The built in interrupt Register of the cards allows the DSR to detect if the VDP was the source or not. This feature now allows the card to use the EXTNIT-line of the P-BOX-buss instead of the VDPINT (LCP) we used for SGCPU (“snug-CPU”).

Could this mean that it's not possible to poll for VDP interrupt using CRU bit 2?

#29 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 3,052 posts

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:21 AM

Could this mean that it's not possible to poll for VDP interrupt using CRU bit 2?

I did not implement EVPC2 in MAME but EVPC. Accordingly, it uses the extra wire to route the interrupt into the console. The interrupt should still be at CRU bit 2 ... if you are using an EVPC.

https://github.com/m...al/evpcconn.cpp

The description indeed sounds as if EXTINT signals the video interrupt.

#30 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 11,643 posts

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:38 PM

Here is the 'official' cartridge label. Thanks to ti99iuc.

attachicon.gifflying-shark-label.png

Ciro makes some great labels!  You make some great programs.

Put you both together and I'm forced to make a dedicated cartridge for my permanent collection.  :thumbsup:

Attached Files

#31 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Dragonstomper

• 952 posts

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:26 PM

Rasmus has "waved his magic programming wand" and come up with a version of FLYING SHARK and SABRE WULF that work flawlessly on a v9938 system. Both are spectacular. 

#32 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 9,250 posts

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:04 PM

^^^awesome!!!!!!^^^

#33 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,298 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:42 PM

I'm going to install this on a red board this weekend... looks like my Saturday project ;)

Nice work once again.  This is amazing quality!

#34 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,665 posts

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:47 PM

I did not implement EVPC2 in MAME but EVPC. Accordingly, it uses the extra wire to route the interrupt into the console. The interrupt should still be at CRU bit 2 ... if you are using an EVPC.

https://github.com/m...al/evpcconn.cpp

The description indeed sounds as if EXTINT signals the video interrupt.

The problem is indeed that you cannot poll the VDP interrupt from CRU bit 2 using an EVPC2 card. So I changed to status polling and it worked for atrax.

#35 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Dragonstomper

• 952 posts

Posted Yesterday, 5:27 AM

Actually, I have an AVPC Card but it still uses a v9938 chip so I would imagine it is the same for the AVPC, EVPC, and EVPC2. It is also most probably the same for the v9958 as well. Many thanks, Rasmus. That problem has been bugging me ever since SABRE WULF came out! Now I can play both of them, Where is the template for Ciro's label?

#36 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,665 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:48 AM

Actually, I have an AVPC Card but it still uses a v9938 chip so I would imagine it is the same for the AVPC, EVPC, and EVPC2. It is also most probably the same for the v9958 as well. Many thanks, Rasmus. That problem has been bugging me ever since SABRE WULF came out! Now I can play both of them, Where is the template for Ciro's label?

The v9938 doesn't seem to be the issue but rather how the interrupt is wired to the console. Do you have the AVPC card wired up to the 9918A as described here?

http://www.mainbyte....e/peb/avpc.html

#37 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Dragonstomper

• 952 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:29 AM

Yes. That is the standard installation for the AVPC. There is an issue with the shared interrupt line between the AVPC and the RS232. A fix was discovered by altering the DSR in the RS232 - I have had the revised DSR installed for the past 20+ years.

#38 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Dragonstomper

• 952 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Actually, I was wrong. The wiring is the same WITHOUT the two resistors.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users