Photo

Pac Man Collection on Colecovision

14 replies to this topic

#1 Spector OFFLINE  

Spector

Dragonstomper

• 662 posts

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 7:15 AM

I'm curious as to how much this great homebrew would cost today if bought off Ebay. I've been checking to see if it comes up, and there's nothing, so I haven't a clue what it would sell for. Any ideas?

#2 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 14,596 posts
  • \m/

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 7:58 AM

I sold my copy for around $350. It would be cheaper to get a multicart and download the ROM.

#3 Downland1983 OFFLINE  

Downland1983

Chopper Commander

• 126 posts

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 AM

I sold my copy for around $350. It would be cheaper to get a multicart and download the ROM.

I was confident that the only ones I have seen on ebay in the past were over $150 for sure, but $350... wow!  :-o 

#4 Bmack36 OFFLINE  

Bmack36

Moonsweeper

• 461 posts

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 AM

Probably best to wait for Pacman DX or use multicart.

#5 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• 1,321 posts

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 9:59 AM

Such a great game!  I gave a copy to the Mighty John Lester for review some years back and he left it in a rental car in a mad dash to a retro gaming show ;) ... 

And yeah, it's on my multi-cart... 

#6 ColecoDan OFFLINE  

ColecoDan

Stargunner

• 1,828 posts

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 6:33 PM

There are tons of copies out there so I would think only the yellow cart would be expensive since that was the first release.  The others hopefully wouldn't be too expensive.

#7 rodge2001 OFFLINE  

rodge2001

Star Raider

• 78 posts

Posted Mon Jun 4, 2018 3:41 PM

A yellow cart version just sold on eBay for $299.99.  It wasn't up for long before it was bought by someone.  I have the black cart version but wouldn't mind the yellow instead; but that's a lot to expect to spend but should be expected what with first runs being generally more scarce not to mention seemingly more sought after. 

#8 Mr. John ColecoVision OFFLINE  

Mr. John ColecoVision

Chopper Commander

• 158 posts

Posted Tue Jun 5, 2018 4:10 PM

The new and improved Opcode release, Pac-Man Collection DX, is on the soon to be released list... 

#9 zyzzle OFFLINE  

zyzzle

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Tue Jun 5, 2018 5:05 PM

The new and improved Opcode release, Pac-Man Collection DX, is on the soon to be released list... 

The old version is perfect already. I don't see how it can be improved. What's so special about the DX version, anyway?

#10 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,499 posts

Posted Tue Jun 5, 2018 5:08 PM

I actually prefer all of the sounds in the old version over the arcade or the new version . Not that they are bad , but opcodes first Pac-Man game sounds are just that good in my opinion . Yes I will buy the new one ofcourse . 

#11 Mr. John ColecoVision OFFLINE  

Mr. John ColecoVision

Chopper Commander

• 158 posts

Posted Tue Jun 5, 2018 5:33 PM

The old version is perfect already. I don't see how it can be improved. What's so special about the DX version, anyway?

For starters it's deluxe. I believe it will use the Opcode SGM module allowing for graphical and sound improvements. I think the original is great but the arcade versions are the benchmark and this collection did not and could not reach that level with the original horsepower of the Coleco.

#12 Neogeoman OFFLINE  

Neogeoman

Star Raider

• 63 posts

Posted Tue Jun 5, 2018 11:44 PM

The original Pac Man Collection was pretty sweet so it'll be hard to top

#13 Spector OFFLINE  

Spector

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 662 posts

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2018 12:26 PM

Will the new one be playable on a CV without the SGM?

#14 ColecoDan OFFLINE  

ColecoDan

Stargunner

• 1,828 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 PM

Will the new one be playable on a CV without the SGM?

no there are tons of old copies and i think the rom is out there too if you want to play without the SGM.   The new one is only better supposedly because of the sound chip that he can use in the SGM.

#15 christo930 OFFLINE  

christo930

Moonsweeper

• 253 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:19 PM

It's hard to imagine that the sound chip is going to improve it much.  It's very well done and would have been a real treat had it been released in the early 80s.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users