IGNORED

RS232 HDX UberGROM to PC

FALCOR4

Finished wiring in and attaching the RS232 to TTL converter onto my UberGROM cart. Really happy with it!! The converter is about $12 on Amazon, either male or female. Finally, am able to use PC as a file server. Thanks Jon!

post-63752-0-02216800-1526606806_thumb.jpg

post-63752-0-20864600-1526606841_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I’m pretty darned impressed with the build quality! Nice job!

Along the same lines, besides a 5V TTL to RS232 adapter for the UberHDX program, you can also use any other serial type device, including a Bluetooth module (5V tolerant). Fred put in some pretty good CRC checking, and the transfers appear to work very well over serial or Bluetooth.

I suppose someone could also use two Zigbee modules and have a USB to serial TTl adapter on the Pc side.

Old CS1 will probably be showing off his UberHDX Bluetooth version any day now. I had made a pic of mine, but it’s on Facebook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice job! So is this recognized as an RS232 card by the TI? What's the CRU address?

It’s recognized by the HDX DM2K variant that talks to the HDX server only on the UberGROM. Fred has a 512K rom image for it; burn it and map your UART on the UberGROM, and then you can use that cart to transfer stuff on/off the TI with the DM2K HDX cart. Since it’s not in DSR space, it’s only accessible with that cart, but is good for moving files on/off the system to attached floppies, etc.

• Like 1

Fred and I use the same UART mapping, with the hope that anyone else supporting the ubergrom uart would do the same.

I really like that cartridge setup. The only change I would probably make is turning the connector 90 degrees so that the cable is routed to the right, or perhaps 180 degrees to route it toward the back of the console. I end up putting my right hand near the cartridge so I'd be fussing with that cable all the time :)

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 5

Fred and I use the same UART mapping, with the hope that anyone else supporting the ubergrom uart would do the same.

I really like that cartridge setup. The only change I would probably make is turning the connector 90 degrees so that the cable is routed to the right, or perhaps 180 degrees to route it toward the back of the console. I end up putting my right hand near the cartridge so I'd be fussing with that cable all the time :)

That might actually be possible, routing it to the right. That is about the only real estate on the top of the cart that you can use or else you'll start running into the components on the inside. There might be space to turn it sideways? Now, your idea to point it to the back would probably work. Let me try that, good suggestion!

Had a few minutes so I popped the cartridge open and turned the connector around. Works! Much better solution, thanks. The connector on the cable is snug on the top of the console but not objectionably so. Could put a shim under the cart connector but, I'm not going to bother unless the beige console is slightly different and causes an issue.

post-63752-0-58160900-1527022291_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I like the HP-16C in the background!

Old school. I used the heck out of it when writing the explorer. I'll probably never get rid of it, rpn is so natural for me to use. I have an 12C and 15C as well. Love 'em!