IGNORED

Gyruss for Intellivision?

I understand, but I would imagine he would have been kicked out by now. Notice that this drama went from outrage to "well, he re-wrote it, so it's fine now." Some have even suggested in the last couple of weeks to re-allow Dinoy back to the forum because ... "it was all a misunderstanding." :roll:

Apparently, most people don't care, and it seems that includes the moderators. Oh well.

-dZ.

I agree with artag in this matter and no one should support this kind of behavior but just like those private releases, this game as DZ mentioned will be sold and bought and kept hush hush , hey it may be even sold in the same way those private releases were.. because you know.... ;)

angrysheep.jpg

I hear you, and I agree, but that's probably not what is going to happen. Most people will just ignore the whole drama. The most you'll get is a few people agreeing publicly -- some of which will then go and purchase the game secretly when it comes out.

-dZ.

Sad but true....

Apparently, most people don't care, and it seems that includes the moderators. Oh well.

We're aware of the controversy. I admit that I haven't been following it in detail, so I will have to take some time to look into it. But, as far as I'm concerned, anyone who engages in piracy of another homebrew author's work deserves to be banned, and certainly should not be rewarded by the community.

• Like 1

vroby, I have been willing to give you and Dino a second chance to make good on your assertion that you would re-code the game from scratch. But there is NO WAY that I, nor most of us here, will ever buy this game if the ROM and source are not posted here or somewhere were artrag can inspect it. As DZ said, you will get a few people to purchase it in secret but that will be a much lower number than 100-200, or however many of these carts are already created.

I also admit that I am very unlikely to buy any homebrew at close to $200 US but I won't even bother to address that until the ROM is available for review.

We're aware of the controversy. I admit that I haven't been following it in detail, so I will have to take some time to look into it. But, as far as I'm concerned, anyone who engages in piracy of another homebrew author's work deserves to be banned, and certainly should not be rewarded by the community.

I agree, even if the code was changed there was and has been an attempt to sell the game with piracy of artag code first and in turn piracy of the price of game too .. and only when caught there was an attempt of making their own code.. In no way even with the new code these thieves should be rewarded by our community in purchasing game or boxes... ..

this is a classic chicken and egg debate. What comes first? readmission of Dino to AtariAge or publishing of source and rom here?

let Dino publish here the rom and we all can see whether it's new or not. IMO, he should be allowed to do it in person. Hey people, he's not Hannibal Lecter!

If the game is actually new, the market will decide what to do with it, as it has always been. If it's not new ban him again

• Like 1

Really who cares if the code is new, these guys were trying to pull something over on everyone from stealing code and claiming that its there own and fooling the community..

How can people even think to support such actions.. Reading this or show and we forgive is making my stomach turn.. Just because some people want this shinny new game like an addict wanting their next hit..

There is no chicken or eggs here

There is no publish the code first

They did what they did and this game/box should not get once ounce of support.. Its really unbelievable that it would even be considered..

Keep it secret / and all you people that want it can still buy and support people like them with no integrity.

I cant believe what goes on here..

• Like 1

I have the same feeling.

It is also unbelievable that those people is claiming to be hobbyist and intellivision fan acting only for love of the platform.

The fraud that they have conceived for the buyers was carefully constructed, no pictures of the game, advertising only on Facebook closed groups, no info on the development and that obscene price made on purpose to capitalize on early sells, before someone starts complaining about the scam...

This is a cheat in pure bad faith: allowing such a people to stay in the community for me can only make honest developers moved by real enthusiasm for the platform to quit the scene.

Or to stay and to not share a single line of code, as I an doing on Galaxian.

But this is a wound to the community even more serious than stealing a single game, because it can menace the existence itself of the programming forum.

Edited by artrag
  • Like 1

I have the same feeling.

It is also unbelievable that those people is claiming to be hobbyist and intellivision fan acting only for love of the platform.

The fraud that they have conceived for the buyers was carefully constructed, no pictures of the game, advertising only on Facebook closed groups, no info on the development and that obscene price made on purpose to capitalize on early sells, before someone starts complaining about the scam...

This is a cheat in pure bad faith: allowing such a people to stay in the community for me can only make honest developers moved by real enthusiasm for the platform to quit the scene.

Or to stay and to not share a single line of code, as I an doing on Galaxian.

But this is a wound to the community even more serious than stealing a single game, because it can menace the existence itself of the programming forum.

I agree ,

The thing is shady practices around here have been going on for years and supported by some/most.. That's for sure... So sad for sure.. This just has reconfirmed my thoughts over the last few years.. A sad state :(

Edited by m-crew

Whats been happening for years?

I agree ,

The thing is "shady practices" around here have been going on for years and supported by some/most.. That's for sure... So sad for sure.. This just has reconfirmed my thoughts over the last few years.. A sad state :(

The thing is "shady practices" around here have been going on for years and supported by some/most.. That's for sure... So sad for sure.. This just has reconfirmed my thoughts over the last few years.. A sad state :(

What shady practices have been happening for years? Edited by Rev