IGNORED

Gyruss for Intellivision?

Ended and relisted again. I take it more are selling?

Congratulations on already selling at least five, vroby. What are you going to do with those hundreds of dollars you've scammed out of people? I take it you're going to spend some of it to rip off Space Patrol, print an Atarisoft box and manual, and sell it as Moon Patrol? It wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

Also for the record, I'm not really against this game being sold if... IF all of artrag's code was removed/replaced with original work, but I have to side with m-crew here. There's been so many shenanigans involved with this that I simply can't trust that what I'd be buying is really free of all unauthorized code. Plus that price is just unreal. I'm happy to wait for artrag's Deep Zone to come out and support that release instead. I got to play the demo at PRGE and it was a lot of fun.

There are lots of ways to rewrite the same loops and the same math using different code and different tables.

The sole fact - clear and plane - they have started from my sources without permission or credits is a blatant disregard for my work and my intellectual property.

This to not mention the fact that they were selling my game practically unchanged with their title...

I am even now surprised that eBay does not ban Dino for the blatant fake.

The item description is totally deceiving.

I could even think that it is an original Konami game...

What a scammer...

Edited by artrag
  • Like 3

There is In no way ,for any reason or justification that make purchasing this game or now really anything these scammers do right...The only thing it does is, it feeds an addict something to satisfy their addictions next hit and shows others that their actions were ok and free for to jump on the band wagon... Integrity Brothers Integrity which these people don't have.

Its unreal what goes on in the intv collecting community...

There is In no way ,for any reason or justification that make purchasing this game or now really anything these scammers do right...The only thing it does is, it feeds an addict something to satisfy their addictions next hit and shows others that their actions were ok and free for to jump on the band wagon... Integrity Brothers Integrity which these people don't have.

Its unreal what goes on in the intv collecting community...

You should see what goes on in the CV community...

You should see what goes on in the CV community...

Well that's what happens when a community supports behaviour like this.. It promotes others to do so and the shit show gets bigger and bigger...

Its hard enough to watch it around here ... So sad to hear..

Edited by m-crew

Are we experiencing the 35 year anniversary of the 1983 Video Games Crash?

If things keep rolling the way they have been and are , I can see that happening.. To many hands in to few pockets and behaviour like this shit show does not help...

It will be a swapping of products and $$$$ among the producers... The general community will be out of reach and tapped out or like some in past just have had enough of this Shit Show...

If things keep rolling the way they have been and are , I can see that happening.. To many hands in to few pockets and behaviour like this shit show does not help...

It will be a swapping of products and $$$$ among the producers... The general community will be out of reach and tapped out or like some in past just have had enough of this Shit Show...

As bad as this is, there hasn't really been much else in the way of frauds or something of that nature going on in the INTV community, has there?

Well that's what happens when a community supports behaviour like this.. It promotes others to do so and the shit show gets bigger and bigger...

Its hard enough to watch it around here ... So sad to hear..

It's not quite the same (no one's done something quite like this there); rather, things are constantly getting cancelled and delayed, and refunds are a mess that often take months to get processed. Opcode Games in particular, while I believe they have good intentions, are notorious for doing this. At least they're not ripping off anyone, though.

Edited by arcade124

New from vroby...DK2!

Fine print on box:

This is not a rip off of D2K because I changed the title screen to credit me and added a stray pixel on the barrels level of the DK1 arcade mode.

You never know what the future will bring.

The Pandoras Box has been opened with such escalating

Behaviour and parts of a community supporting such behaviour just for their next hit.

The sky is the limit now.

Well, I'm not convinced that this was not happening already; it's just that these goofballs did it out in the open. Remember, there have been a couple of releases that were kept "private" and distributed via PM. That's not to say that those were dealing in stolen games, not the ones I am aware of. Just that there is an undercurrent of private trades and deals happening out of view already, so the "box" was already opened.

-dZ.

Well, I'm not convinced that this was not happening already; it's just that these goofballs did it out in the open. Remember, there have been a couple of releases that were kept "private" and distributed via PM. That's not to say that those were dealing in stolen games, not the ones I am aware of. Just that there is an undercurrent of private trades and deals happening out of view already, so the "box" was already opened.

-dZ.

Yes it was opened all ready,

Thats for sure.

It just has been escalating to the point that its has been accepted and supported as the norm by some in the community.

Even to put them on lists /games of the year and so on.

Just a bigger Shit Show

My point was it has been escalating to this.

Edited by m-crew

Some intellivision collectors and fans don't read atariage and may not know the history of this cartridge. For an intellivision fan going to a site called atariage is a bit unintuitive.

I don't know what the other "secret" cartridges are, robot rubble and league of light come to mind, but they might have had copyright issues and didn't want to publicize what they were doing. Like what happened to the smurf game for example.

• Like 1

All the talk of crashes and community support for stuff like this is way overblown. I don't like secret game releases or code theft either but it's hardly indicative of the scene as a whole or the greater community in general. Underhanded stuff has been going on from the beginning and will go on in the future. It doesn't have to have any impact on any individual here or their own collection. I certainly understand how that kind of stuff could drive some people away from the hobby, and that is never good, but the truth is people come and go from collecting and the community all the time for any number of reasons. There's a natural ebb and flow and it will continue.

Releasing games in private to avoid copyright issues will only affect completionists and only in the short term. Eventually the games wind up out in the open and available, see: BC's Quest For Tires. So unless you have to have everything, this really isn't a big deal and certainly is not the norm for homebrew producers. You don't see publishers like Rev or Electronite going out of their way to actually limit their number of potential customers. It's happened a few times due to concerns over a game getting too much attention from old IP holders but we're talking less than a handful of homebrews out of some 70 titles so far. That's hardly an epidemic and certainly not the way the market is trending.

The community is NOT supporting code theft. I think one can read this thread and see the very negative response Gyruss has had. Yes some of the games are selling on eBay right now, so what? That won't stop Deep Zone from coming out from Intellivision Revolution and the continued support for artrag has been strong. That's the real community in action. If a handful of people want to blow $160 on a release with dubious at best origins, let them! The majority of us will vote no with our wallets and continue to enjoy our own collections. It's likely many of the buyers are not even members here anyway. For those that are, it's their choice but it has no effect on my collection or the games I enjoy playing. For every one of them there will be 3 of us that buy Deep Zone instead.

All the talk of crashes and community support for stuff like this is way overblown. I don't like secret game releases or code theft either but it's hardly indicative of the scene as a whole or the greater community in general. Underhanded stuff has been going on from the beginning and will go on in the future. It doesn't have to have any impact on any individual here or their own collection. I certainly understand how that kind of stuff could drive some people away from the hobby, and that is never good, but the truth is people come and go from collecting and the community all the time for any number of reasons. There's a natural ebb and flow and it will continue.

Releasing games in private to avoid copyright issues will only affect completionists and only in the short term. Eventually the games wind up out in the open and available, see: BC's Quest For Tires. So unless you have to have everything, this really isn't a big deal and certainly is not the norm for homebrew producers. You don't see publishers like Rev or Electronite going out of their way to actually limit their number of potential customers. It's happened a few times due to concerns over a game getting too much attention from old IP holders but we're talking less than a handful of homebrews out of some 70 titles so far. That's hardly an epidemic and certainly not the way the market is trending.

The community is NOT supporting code theft. I think one can read this thread and see the very negative response Gyruss has had. Yes some of the games are selling on eBay right now, so what? That won't stop Deep Zone from coming out from Intellivision Revolution and the continued support for artrag has been strong. That's the real community in action. If a handful of people want to blow $160 on a release with dubious at best origins, let them! The majority of us will vote no with our wallets and continue to enjoy our own collections. It's likely many of the buyers are not even members here anyway. For those that are, it's their choice but it has no effect on my collection or the games I enjoy playing. For every one of them there will be 3 of us that buy Deep Zone instead.

TL;DR: you see no problem with any of this stuff, buyer beware.

• Like 1