Photo

How many Interton VC4000-type consoles in use?

1292 Voltmace Interton Radofin Audiosonic Acetronic Grundig Fountain Hanimex Prinztronic

4 replies to this topic

#1 Derek Andrews OFFLINE  

Derek Andrews

Space Invader

• 30 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 1:46 PM

I'm curious to know if anyone has any estimates of how many of the 1292 Advanced Programmable Video System type consoles are still in active use, by players or programmers. These model include the Voltmace Database, Interton VC4000, Acetronic MPU 1000 and many other clones.

#2 CatPix OFFLINE  

CatPix

River Patroller

• 3,769 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 3:33 PM

3? :-D

#3 carlsson ONLINE  

carlsson

Metagalactic Mule

• 6,799 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 4:20 PM

You should probably ask Rolo how many multicart adapters he has sold for the VC-4000 and the 1292 type models. IIRC he has made at least two batches of the VC-4000, but just because people are buying multicarts doesn't mean that they really are using them.

I use my VC-4000 about 1-3 times per year.

#4 Derek Andrews OFFLINE  

Derek Andrews

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:38 PM

just because people are buying multicarts doesn't mean that they really are using them.

I should probably have said 'have consoles that still work and get played occasionally'

#5 carlsson ONLINE  

carlsson

Metagalactic Mule

• 6,799 posts

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:52 PM

It kind of seems you already asked that question. Of course you can just run a head count or a poll, but a figure from one of the few (the only?) hardware provider these days would at least give you an estimate. Of course I'm aware that there may be hundreds of active VC-4000 and APVS 1292 owners who don't subscribe to the multicart principle and would be missing from the sales figure.

Now are you asking out of curiosity, or to gauge interest in new products (software or hardware) before you invest time and money into those projects? I seem to remember you used to be one of the original developers, looking to get back into the system so it would make perfect sense to determine if it is worth your time to develop new games, if anyone is willing to play / buy those in the end.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1292, Voltmace, Interton, Radofin, Audiosonic, Acetronic, Grundig, Fountain, Hanimex, Prinztronic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users