Photo

Trouble Playing Xenon 2 With CD Player Attached

3 replies to this topic

#1 mmbe OFFLINE  

mmbe

Chopper Commander

• 241 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 AM

I recently purchased and received Xenon 2 from AtariAge via Ebay.  With the CD unit in place, I can't always get the game to load - all I get is a black screen after the Jaguar logo is displayed.  I would say I'm successful getting the game to load about 40% of the time.  Game works fine after it loads.

I have been in contact with Al and he is aware of the issue.  He did ask me to try the game without the CD unit attached.  I also plan on giving the cartridge slot for the CD attachment a good cleaning.

Searching the forums, it looks like this issue has come up with other games - Towers 2, Flip Out and I-War to name a few.

http://atariage.com/...the +cart +slot

Has anyone else had this issue with Xenon 2?

Thanks.

#2 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 4,119 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 PM

Clean your Jag, and Jag CD, both sides.  The Jaguar is one of the most dust sensitive consoles i've ever owned.  Never leave the cart slots exposed, or games out in the open.

Once fully cleaned properly with 90% isopropyl alcohol, it should work fine. 

Edited by travistouchdown, Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:15 PM.

#3 mmbe OFFLINE  

mmbe

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 241 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 PM

Clean your Jag, and Jag CD, both sides.  The Jaguar is one of the most dust sensitive consoles i've ever owner.  Never leave the cart slots exposed, or games out in the open.

Once fully cleaned properly with 90% isopropyl alcohol, it should work fine. 

Thanks Travis.  As a longtime Jaguar owner (since 1994 for the Jaguar and 1995 for the CD attachment), this is the first game to give me a problem.  Recent purchases (Songbird's Protector SE and Piko's Switch Blade) both loaded fine after I ran into the problem with Xenon.

#4 Gummy Bear ONLINE  

Gummy Bear

Chopper Commander

• 178 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:14 PM

It's still good advice.
No carts go near my Jag until the contacts are gleaming!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users