Photo

Cellphone Audio Amplifier for the Cassette Port

5 replies to this topic

#1 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• 13,199 posts

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 PM

Has anyone tried one of << THESE >> with their cellphone?  It'll probably require a stereo to mono adapter, but it might be a viable method for using your cellphone as a Program Recorder replacement or to drive enough audio to use it with the << GRONOS SOUNDSHOW >> programs.

gallery_35324_1072_200348.gif

#2 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,515 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:50 AM

I ordered one of these due to your post. I will have it in a few weeks. I ordered a digital recorder real cheap a while back to see if it would be a viable tape deck replacement but the levels were way too low. i even picked up stereo to mono jumper cables but that didn't help things so I am hopeful this might do the trick.

Also, because of a non-TI computer need, I just received one of these devices I needed to record music on a laptop without any audio input or microphone jack - 

Once my music recording needs are met I will need to find a use for this and thought it might be the perfect device to plug in the tape recorder cables in/out to for direct PC to tape to PC loading and saving. I haven't plugged it in yet but I bet the microphone switch changes it to mono recording - I already know the line in selection would be stereo. 

So I will circle back with some feedback (no pun intended) on this new device and that mini amplifier. Both reports will probably be in a couple of weeks if only because the music recording will be done in a couple of weeks and that amplifier device should arrive around the same time.

To satisfy curiosity, one of my boys is entering the Band-Up competition and wants the best possible recordings of his drum playing. As low budget as we are, this new device will be plugged into my 4 channel mixer taking 4 microphone inputs that are mic'ed up to his drums. I tried a cheap ass USB audio device I had but the mic input is mono only. Such is the way of most PC mic inputs unless you go high end on some expensive add-ons. But this new device fills the immediate need nicely I suppose.

Edited by Sinphaltimus, Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:52 AM.

#3 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,515 posts

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 AM

The amp arrived yesterday and I was disappointed the headphone jack is 2.5mm so I need to get an adaptor. More once the adaptor arrives.

#4 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• Topic Starter
  • 13,199 posts

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:33 AM

The amp arrived yesterday and I was disappointed the headphone jack is 2.5mm so I need to get an adaptor. More once the adaptor arrives.

Bummer...

#5 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,515 posts

Posted Wed Aug 1, 2018 8:14 AM

Bummer...

Yep, I was taken aback when the patch cable didn't fit. The seller's description made no mention of it. Does say 3.5mm tho' so that kinda put me off a little bit. To be clear, the input is 3.5mm but the output is not.

Portable 3.5MM HIFI Headphone Stereo Earphone Headset Audio Amplifier AMP For Mobile Phone 

Features:
1. Plug and play, no drive needed.
2. Built-in rechargeable lithium battery with 200mAH capacity using time up to 20 hours.
3. Higher thrust and better sense of hearing.
4. Small and portable, use at anytime & anywhere.
5. It is specially designed for mobile phones, but also can be used to car audio, outdoor speaker and so on.

Description:
Use time: 20 hours
Charging time: 1 hours
Power supply mode: built in 200nAh lithium battery
Charging mode: USB micro charging
Input voltage: DC 5V
Frequency response: 2-27KHz
Signal to noise ratio: 95dB
Color: black, brown
Material: aluminum alloy shell
Product size: 5.5*2.3*1cm

Material: aluminum alloy shell
Frequency response: 2-27KHz
Signal to noise ratio: 95dB
Use time: 20 hours
Charging time: 1 hours
Built in 200nAh lithium battery
Plug and play

Packing list: 
1Pcs x 3.5mm headphone stereo amplifier

Edited by Sinphaltimus, Wed Aug 1, 2018 8:15 AM.

#6 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,515 posts

Posted Sun Aug 5, 2018 8:26 AM

This audio amplifier did not seem to improve things at all for my cheap digital audio device. I never had an issue loading from cell phone but I wanted to try and replace the tape drive with something that could save and load. *sigh*

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users