IGNORED

Is The 2600 Sky Skipper Part Of The Mandela Effect?

Atariboy2600

Okay after seeing the Nintendo Direct they show of there two new Arcade Archive games Donkey Kong and the never released arcade game Sky Skipper in the US and Im still confuse as in why or how Parker Brothers released a port of a arcade game like Sky Skipper on the 2600 when the real arcade game never came out here in the state? Is there a Mandela Effect on the 2600 game where some how we got it here but some other alternative universe where they have both 2600 and arcade game in the US?

What ever the case I know I cant be the only one is thinking of this?

post-5587-0-64604600-1529524140.jpg

post-5587-0-50277400-1529524146_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing that the port was already in development when the arcade port tanked in Japan and the US release was scrapped. Home ports were done as soon as the license for the arcade game was available so they could cash in on the popularity. I believe the 2600 port of Mr. Do was partially based off the prototype arcade version (with the rake and non-clown guy) so sometimes they started before even the official arcade release.

• Like 3

Parker bros got the rights to it after seeing how successful donkey kong was, and figuring Nintendo's next game would also be a success. This was before the game was supposed to come out in the US - I imagine they had access to the Japanese version or an unreleased localized one.

• Like 2

Sky Skipper was pre-Popeye & Donkey Kong so after the failure of Radarscope Nintendo probably got cold feet releasing it in the USA. Much like Radarscope cabinets became Donkey Kong's, Sky Skipper cabinets that could have made it to the USA became Popeye's. Parker Bros, to me, was like Coleco, licensing quirky arcade titles that Atari and possibly Coleco to an extent, didn't want or didn't think would be big sellers. It sounds weird about Coleco with them at the start snagging licenses like Lady Bug, Looping ( a personal favorite) and Space Fury but hey, either way we got them. Parker Bros. had a very successful run of great games over multiple systems. It's kinda sad they don't get much credit these days.

• Like 1

Okay after seeing the Nintendo Direct they show of there two new Arcade Archive games Donkey Kong and the never released arcade game Sky Skipper in the US and Im still confuse as in why or how Parker Brothers released a port of a arcade game like Sky Skipper on the 2600 when the real arcade game never came out here in the state? Is there a Mandela Effect on the 2600 game where some how we got it here but some other alternative universe where they have both 2600 and arcade game in the US?

What ever the case I know I cant be the only one is thinking of this?

No, the real Mandela effect here is not even the Parker Bros port existed in my timeline :P