IGNORED

vote for the game you would like to see on intellivision

vprette

I want this game for Intellivision:  

48 members have voted

1. 1. select games you like

• Joust
    • Uridium
    • Space invaders (closer to arcade, not space armada)
    • Scramble
    • Bust a move / puzzle bubble
    • Bruce lee c64
    • Hero (activision)
    • galaxians
    • yars revenge
    • tempest
    • pitfall II
    • Karateka
    • International soccer c64
    • nebolous
    • gridrunner
    • karate champ
    • way of exploding fist
    • qix
    • a moto racer game of Tron
    • enduro (activision)
    • pooyan
    • dodge em
    • jungle hunt
    • lemans c64
    • utopia 2
  2. 2. more games to choice

• star castle
    • Jam it (homebrew c64)
    • battlezone
    • berzerk
    • cosmic ark
    • ghost n goblins (I ask too much?)
    • donkey kong 3
    • beamrider 2
    • little computer people
    • gorf
    • wizard of wor
    • star wars arcade
    • wing wars imagic
    • dam buster
    • spy hunter
    • marble madness
    • activision decathlon
    • pitstop II
    • archon
    • impossible mission
    • barbarian
    • maniac mansion
    • e.t.
    • dragonstomper
    • zenji
  3. 3. and some more...

• buggy boy
    • tapper
    • elevator action
    • pipemania
    • dropzone
    • fire fighter imagic
    • riddle of sphinx imagic
    • laser gates imagic
    • stay frosty homebrew
    • assembloids homebrew
    • pengo
    • buck rogers
    • one on one
    • klax
    • another world
    • any star trek game!
    • bomb jack
    • any donald duck game!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

"erm, wouldn't it be sad to play i.e. elite only on an bbc acorn just because it was intentionally made for/on it?

do you play "space wars" also on the "original" machine it was written for in 1964? (if you play it at all).

never it was the idea of software that it's bound to a piece of stinking hardware, it likes to be unbound that's why it's written code.

just a couple of instructions and some maths and "for the first time machine served man and not vice versa" - space warz - goddammit."

I was basing my comments on the list provided. Of course software on very obscure hardware should be emulated or simulated..

However, most original games, were designed and coded on target platforms. Even when the same developer ports a HIT game to another platform, it is never as good as the original. Worse, as companies planned to port games to multiple platforms, they typically designed the game to the lowest common denominator.

Enduro is a fun game. I cannot imagine it being any better on the intellivision. If it is the same, I already have it! Who doesn't have a 2600?

I'd rather see Mad Drive'n or Driving what ever it was, completed. A similar style game, that can have differences and no one is upset because this was changed or that it is missing X etc.

If you can port a game and make it better. Better control or game speed etc. Fine.

In the 80's If any of these games were coming soon for the Intellivision, I would have been drooling, waiting for the release date to come!

Edited by 1980gamer

right on commander

the hardware limited it somewhat, if not much.

but neither i liked to point on emulating obscure systems, i just liked to say, to stay with my elite example, that this game is to play on any machine quite the same no matter for which or on what hardware it was written.

with all the love the devs put in their work here any game will be better or at least as good as the original, there is no one who forces them to finish it in a given timespan.

except the players and collectors of course.

what we use to develop them nowadays plays a quite important role to, it wasn't to dream of i guess.

but you are right "originals" are certainly better, but well do you have such an original game idea?

most is already occupied, not much which is really new can be thought of.

and why not remake the arcade classics for the inty?

it leaked of this for a long time.

many games which has been output shows that the system is capable to run quite good arcade adaptions.

i only need a time machine now to show my comrades from back then how good the inty can be, if the matter is coin-op.

so yep, start at top of the list and work it out to it's bottom line, any of the games is good.

To me the great thing about remaking these games for Intellivision is to show off the capabilities of the hardware and skills of the programmers. I can already play most of these games right now on my computer. This is why I don't understand re-making Atari 2600 games for Intellivision. And it's also nice for collectors.

• Like 3

I'll echo that any game that requires frequent repeated button presses should raise alarms (I love Joust, but oh man...)

I always thought the Intellivision's biggest strengths were

A) 2 player simultaneous games like Shark Shark, Sea Battle, Utopia, Frog Bog, Snafu, and of course all of the sports titles

B) games that made use of the keypad like Tron Discs, Space Spartans, both AD&D games, Sub Hunt, and again Sea Battle and Utopia

C) the 16 directional disc (again, most of the games listed above)

Not to say there aren't already a slew of great conversions of arcade games that are expertly programmed and are impressive as they are fun, but an 8-way joystick and fire button gives better control to a lot of them.

Speaking of Enduro and the horror of holding down a fire button to accelerate, I am reminded of the excellent Atari 8-bit port of Pole Position, which had the gas on automatically and you only used the button to brake (and up/down to shift into low/hi gear).

• Like 1

To me the great thing about remaking these games for Intellivision is to show off the capabilities of the hardware and skills of the programmers. I can already play most of these games right now on my computer. This is why I don't understand re-making Atari 2600 games for Intellivision. And it's also nice for collectors.

I agree. It was great seeing Donkey Kong as it should have been released.

But I have to say, Christmas Carol also shows what the Intellivision can do and I played that a LOT more than Donkey Kong. ( not counting the Quarters from 1981 ).

DIIK Was a Great Variation. I know it was an arcade game/hack. But I never played that prior to the Intellivision version. This type of change / Upgrade is fine by me.

-- just ranting now... sorry.

I just know, If you do a 2600 port and make it better or different, someone will complain.

If you make it the same... I'll complain. I already have it! LOL

C=64 games. Do intrigue me a bit. Lemans would be great.

I don't have a C=64 set up these days. Would have to dig it out of the parents garage. So, for a convent method of playing the games. Sure.

Can they really be as good on the Intellivision? I won't say no, based on some of the releases we have scene.

I don't think every game that can be done has been done.

Everything that can be Invented has been Invented. -Charles H. Duell was the Commissioner of US patent office in 1899
  • Like 1

Star Trek with voice.

Space Fury with voice Though I like asteroids better.

Berserk / Frenzy are great games, I think Groovy is working on Berserk?

I would love to see TI's Parsec with voice. With the 4th stage added in. ( rumored to be in the source code )

F-1 Super Pro Auto Racing... Faster cars, new courses etc. Beyond Motocross, That is kind of a new auto racing. I like them both.

Anything new will get my attention. Hopefully enough to buy it!

unfortunately Raiders of the Lost Ark isn't in the list... that would be perfect on Intellivision!

apart from Raiders of the Lost Ark, IMO it would have been nice to put also Adventure, Montezuma's Revenge, Haunted House, Escape from the Mindmaster, Survival Island, Alcazar and War Games in the list

This seems like a cool and simple IntyBASIC project to take...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/279963-its-poodle-jump/?p=4053768

Anybody feels like making a Doodle Jump-style platformer?

-dZ.

P.S. I loooove the name Poodle Jump, it's just perfect! :lol:

I see that someone picked this up! :thumbsup:

-dZ.

I don't see Unlucky Pony on the list.

this is the thread about the games that we would like to see on Intellivision. Actually some of us have already seen Unlucky Pony at PRGE 2017, hence it can't be on this list but perhaps on the GOTY 2018 one.... it's up to you to release it within December 31 :P