IGNORED

Everdrive N8 clone console compatibility.

Do you want to plug through HDMI? If so, the retro USB is the cheapest option that's not crap. These other clones are upscaling composite with questionable palettes, lack of scaling options, bad sound, etc.. On top of that, all modern clones I know of in the market are reported not to work with the Everdrive. You know, cause they're all crap...

• Like 1

Do you want to plug through HDMI? If so, the retro USB is the cheapest option that's not crap. These other clones are upscaling composite with questionable palettes, lack of scaling options, bad sound, etc.. On top of that, all modern clones I know of in the market are reported not to work with the Everdrive. You know, cause they're all crap...

Yes, I would like HDMI, but wanted something under $80 at least. Getting a RetroUSB AVS to the UK would be a lot of money. Wanted a cheap solution

Super Retro Trio works with it, but Super Retro Trio itself is not good. Audio issues and just an awful color palette. Maybe their HDMI versions are better, but the composite ones are just brutal. The HDMI ones have the same NoaC as the composite/S-Video ones.

Yes, we need one

Edited by Odin Belmont

Super Retro Trio works with it, but Super Retro Trio itself is not good. Audio issues and just an awful color palette. Maybe their HDMI versions are better, but the composite ones are just brutal. The HDMI ones have the same NoaC as the composite/S-Video ones.

Super Retro Trio Plus HD doesn’t work with it. Not interested in the composite version. Apparently No HDMI clone console other then Analogue nt mini or RetroUSB AVS work with Everdrive N8. Just wanted a cheap HDMI clone to play by N8 on. Doesn’t look like I’ll get that option?

If you don't have an Everdrive yet, you can consider getting a MiSTer FPGA. It plays quite a lot of NES games and you can get away with just using the bare board ($130) plus the SDRAM expansion (about $25).

That would cost you roughly half of a RetroUSB AVS plus the Everdrive, and give you very good HDMI output.

Edited by Newsdee

If you don't have an Everdrive yet, you can consider getting a MiSTer FPGA. It plays quite a lot of NES games and you can get away with just using the bare board ($130) plus the SDRAM expansion (about $25).

That would cost you roughly half of a RetroUSB AVS plus the Everdrive, and give you very good HDMI output.

Assuming he doesn't have an EverDrive already, otherwise it's only $30 more and a much more faithful simulation of the NES than the MiSTer at this point in time.

This is kinda sad, but there really isn't a middle of the road product. It's a known issue too. Either you go for a Super Retro Trio that will have lag, sound issues, Color palette issues and low quality video output, or ou go withh the AVS. There's basically nothing else out there.

Theoretically Analogue could make an NES clone that costs less than the AVS, since their SNT uses higher end stuff and costs about the same.

I ny dreams I want to recommend you to just buy a Super NT and forget about the everdrive, but you don't live in my dreams, so yeah...

Seriously. Instead of getting any of these crap clones to use with an everdrive you should get a raspberry pi. I am not saying the pi is the be all end all of NES gaming. I'm just saying it's still less crap than these NOaC crap consoles out there.

• Like 1

This is kinda sad, but there really isn't a middle of the road product. It's a known issue too. Either you go for a Super Retro Trio that will have lag, sound issues, Color palette issues and low quality video output, or ou go withh the AVS. There's basically nothing else out there.

Theoretically Analogue could make an NES clone that costs less than the AVS, since their SNT uses higher end stuff and costs about the same.

I ny dreams I want to recommend you to just buy a Super NT and forget about the everdrive, but you don't live in my dreams, so yeah...

Seriously. Instead of getting any of these crap clones to use with an everdrive you should get a raspberry pi. I am not saying the pi is the be all end all of NES gaming. I'm just saying it's still less crap than these NOaC crap consoles out there.

Hey there.

I thought about a raspberry pi, but tbh I'm not a huge fan of emulation. I have a Everdrive N8 and about 15 NES carts between me and my son. We've looked high and low for a cheap alternative, but sadly were having no luck. Looks like I might just get a AVS, but wished there were a cheaper console :(