IGNORED

What is your favorite gaming doohickey you use not as intended?

I don't know who said it, but I feel like a saw a recent headline, "Playstation 5 is the last console, everything will be streaming after that."

Very well could be. It'll be kind of a sad day. I mean, I already don't buy new-generation games, and I quit sometime after I got a 500GB hard drive in my PS3 and Sony started publishing everything on their store, but lots of folks love having the physical games on the shelf.

Ohh, just thought of another: we used to play World Class Track Meet on the NES Power Pad by sitting on the floor and drumming on the foot pads with our hands. We'd set all kinds of world records in that game. :lol:

• Like 1

Hm. The one that immediately comes to mind is playing the NES with two games inside it... one above the metal bar to force the bottom cartridge down, making the system more likely to read it.

Early game systems and computers used the DB-9 connector for their controllers, so of course I would take a controller for one system and try to connect it to another. I think I burned out a ColecoVision trackball by connecting it to a different machine... a TI99/4A, maybe. It's been a while. Similarly, plugging a Wico Command Controller for the 5200 into a VIC-20 made that computer go haywire. When you're a bored kid, you do a lot of stupid stuff.

More recently? Well, that Mayflash universal adapter makes the Xbox One compatible with 90 percent of USB and PS2 game controllers. I'm thinking maybe I'll take apart an old PSOne joypad and try to turn it into a Hitbox; you know, those controllers where the joystick is replaced with a set of buttons. It's supposed to make hadoukens and such a breeze.

• Like 1

I know one, was a novelty I never bothered much with.

Dolphinbar for PC. Lets you use a wii controller on your computer in place of a mouse, and obviously works with stuff like Dolphin (emulator) to properly play Wii games too. I had used it a bit for a couple Wii games I happened to have and no system, worked like a charm.

I run Night Driver's anti-burn routine on my TV, when I have no intention of playing it, just for atmospheric enhancement.

I kind of wish the Atari had a Palette Select switch of some kind, like the Game Select switch but for colors. Or maybe a discreetly located analog tint dial. It would be fun to play some of those early games in the weird colors you'd get as the "demo" screen cycled palettes. :-D

• Like 1

That extra little compartment underneath the NES,which was supposed to be a connection for something they never released......

I used to love stashing big wads of cash in it lol. I stashed up to 2K in it one time a few years ago. It's also a good place to hide your weed stash in.

So there, I not only love playing the NES console,but I've also used it as a piggy bank. :D

• Like 1