IGNORED

F18A MK2

matthew180

Bah, why does it have to be only in *some* modes? That just makes it easier to have bugs in both software and the hardware.

The modes where it doesn't auto-increment R14 are the 'old' modes (GM1, GM2, MC, TXT40). If it did then software relying on wrapping around within a single memory page would stop working.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to order a F18A for my TI-99/4A (maybe 2...).

I wrote a message through codehackcreate some times ago but had no confirmation or so that's ok. I am not sure if I am somehow in a list....

How can I know if it's ok ? Thanks very much.

Edited by lolof

Hello,

I would like to order a F18A for my TI-99/4A (maybe 2...).

I wrote a message through codehackcreate some times ago but had no confirmation or so that's ok. I am not sure if I am somehow in a list....

How can I know if it's ok ? Thanks very much.

They are not available at this time, your message was added to a list of people interested and will be notified when they are available. There's a new version coming out sometime that will replace the f18a but it's not ready yet. read this forum thread for more info.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Under the heading of putting the cart before the horse...

If/when this thing is ever released, there may be a 'few people' with holes in the back of their TI's. For some industrious person with a 3D printer, they might be able to come up with some sort of 'universal cover patch' with the capability of holding an HDMI outlet.

If/when this thing is ever released, there may be a 'few people' with holes in the back of their TI's. For some industrious person with a 3D printer, they might be able to come up with some sort of 'universal cover patch' with the capability of holding an HDMI outlet.

I'm a laser guy.. not a 3D printing guy.. it seems a lot easier to me to laser a rectangular panel out of sheet acrylic, with a second layer jig that also fits snugly around whatever jack is present. Cost of material: 25 cents. Time to produce: cut dozens of them in a few minutes batch job.

My beige is not an exact match for TI beige. Black acrylic is cheap.

This would work for new mods (or covering up unsightly holes)

I'm not going to be removing my F18A either (its super valuable and useful! never obsolete!). I will just mod another console for an F18A mk2.

• Like 9

I'm a laser guy.. not a 3D printing guy.. it seems a lot easier to me to laser a rectangular panel out of sheet acrylic, with a second layer jig that also fits snugly around whatever jack is present. Cost of material: 25 cents. Time to produce: cut dozens of them in a few minutes batch job.

My beige is not an exact match for TI beige. Black acrylic is cheap.

This would work for new mods (or covering up unsightly holes)

I'm not going to be removing my F18A either (its super valuable and useful! never obsolete!). I will just mod another console for an F18A mk2.

Hmm. That's a tough call. I might pull my F18a out and use in my Coleco ADAM. But only after I have an MK2.

Might I recommend buying a cheap TI off Ebay just for the case?

So I've pieced together a "new" TI-99/4A after all these years. Still waiting on memory expansion and TI-PEB cards (coming very soon), but the console just arrived today. It tested out ok w/ my FinalGROM99 and speech synth. I'll test it w/ the P-Box that arrived y'day as soon as I have time. But right now I'm doing a composite to HDMI conversion (powered adapter). Both that and even just direct composite A/V hookup works, but on a 65" 4K TV...ugh...it takes "jaggies" to a whole new level. Games are tolerable but text is unbearable. Please put me on the order list for the F18A MK2! Any updates on timing? Can't wait to do mine!

While I'm waiting on the F18A MK2... With my stock 9918A text looking horrible on my 65" 4K set, I might want to pick up a really good cheap monitor to use in the interim. I've long since given away my old monitor. Having had OPA's TIM on my last TI, going back to not just 40 col but horrible clarity is hard. I'm hoping a good but cheap display will make it more tolerable in the meanwhile due to smaller screen not magnifying the flaws quite so much. Any recommendations for best, clearest display and text with stock graphics?

While I'm waiting on the F18A MK2... With my stock 9918A text looking horrible on my 65" 4K set, I might want to pick up a really good cheap monitor to use in the interim. I've long since given away my old monitor. Having had OPA's TIM on my last TI, going back to not just 40 col but horrible clarity is hard. I'm hoping a good but cheap display will make it more tolerable in the meanwhile due to smaller screen not magnifying the flaws quite so much. Any recommendations for best, clearest display and text with stock graphics?

good >< cheap..

get a samsung 910mp.. they pop up on ebay from about 50-125$ ea .. I tend to buy them if they are sub 80$.. they do everything including 15khz rgb.. rf, composite,vga

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...