Balloon Trip (Atari 2600)

29 replies to this topic

#26 bluswimmer OFFLINE  

bluswimmer

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 8:58 AM

Yeah the gameplay was really good and addicting. Though I preferred the poodle graphic, the amoeba one is equally good. I will be looking forward to it, not trying to crap on the op's thread or nothing. I did buy Balloon Trip... :D

No offense taken! Dionoid's Amoeba Jump is a great homebrew, people SHOULD be looking forward to a cartridge release of it.

#27 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Stargunner

• 1,221 posts
  • videogamestores.net

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 9:37 PM

Yeah the gameplay was really good and addicting. Though I preferred the poodle graphic, the amoeba one is equally good. I will be looking forward to it, not trying to crap on the op's thread or nothing. I did buy Balloon Trip... :D

Yeah I second that! Love the poodle!!! Need to leave him in the game....someway ;-)

#28 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 18,028 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 11:57 PM

Yeah I second that! Love the poodle!!! Need to leave him in the game....someway ;-)

Should be easy to do. Difficulty switch or something swaps between poodle and amoeba graphics... ;-)

#29 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Stargunner

• 1,221 posts
  • videogamestores.net

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:28 AM

Should be easy to do. Difficulty switch or something swaps between poodle and amoeba graphics... ;-)

Thats what I was thinking........... don't know if Dionoid will do it.

#30 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 18,028 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:42 PM

Thats what I was thinking........... don't know if Dionoid will do it.

Even if it's a 4k game, this would be easy to implement. For ROMs, offer two downloads. For cart, include both copies of the game for an 8k ROM, one with Poodle and one with Amoeba graphics. The code checks the position of the difficulty switch upon boot (or even in game) and swaps banks accordingly. Extra rom space is virtually free in 2018.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users