IGNORED

Edladdin Seagull 78 controller adapter

Tidus79001

Appears to still be available from Edladdin directly.

I saw that yesterday as well, but I don't know if that website is updated, to reflect sold out status, or the buy link disabled if the product is not available. I emailed Eladdin from the website, and PM him on here inquiring the stock status if ordering from his website, but haven't gotten a reply yet. I am sure that Eladdin is busy, and well get to replying once he has time. I just didn't want to order, and be way for a long time only to find out that the product isn't available, and then have to try to get a refund.

• Like 1

I saw that yesterday as well, but I don't know if that website is updated, to reflect sold out status, or the buy link disabled if the product is not available. I emailed Eladdin from the website, and PM him on here inquiring the stock status if ordering from his website, but haven't gotten a reply yet. I am sure that Eladdin is busy, and well get to replying once he has time. I just didn't want to order, and be way for a long time only to find out that the product isn't available, and then have to try to get a refund.

Ed's a busy guy (building out the allotment of ColecoVision controllers from the Kickstarter) but he's also a very GOOD guy and I'm sure he'll get back to you. The Seagull 78 is great, by the way. Well worth it.

• Like 1

Ed's a busy guy (building out the allotment of ColecoVision controllers from the Kickstarter) but he's also a very GOOD guy and I'm sure he'll get back to you. The Seagull 78 is great, by the way. Well worth it.

I'm sure Ed is a good guy just as you said. I didn't mean him any slight when I said that I hadn't received a reply yet. I know most people are very busy, and doing retro console related things are a hobby. I have no demand for a reply, and will wait patiently. I just thought it would be best to check with him about stock before ordering as it will save us both the hassle of a refund if the Seagull 78 isn't actually in stock. However if anyone still would like to sell theirs go ahead and PM me.

I wouldn't worry about ordering from Edladdin.com. If it shows out of stock or low stock I wouldn't take long for that status to change.

I know that he had some sourcing issues with the control panel doors on the Supreme 78 recently but I think that is no longer an issue.

Sorry for the delay responding! We're often slow to deliver the goods, but I try to at least be quick about responding to communication.

We are currently in the middle of building a fresh batch of Seagull 78s for AtariAge and also our own stock. I should have pressed the "out of stock" button on the Edladdin store sooner to avoid confusion, but I have done so now.

We are going to send the first chunk of this batch to Albert so he can catch up with everyone, then we will do the same on our end. So your soonest option will be to check back at the AA Store. I will post a note here when we make the shipment as a trigger for anyone interested in making the purchase.

THANK YOU for your interest and support!

Ed

• Like 5

Thanks for the reply Ed. I will keep watching the AtariAge store for the next batch. Glad to hear that the Seagull 78 will be getting another production run since the stock 7800 controllers are the worst controllers ever on any Atari system (the only thing that makes the 5200 controllers even near that bad iz that they aren't self centering).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if the Seagull 78 works the genesis wireless controllers as well?

There is no reason it shouldn't, it is basically just a pin rearrangement and very basic interface. It doesn't do any emulation or checking. However, I don't have a wireless to test it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay responding! We're often slow to deliver the goods, but I try to at least be quick about responding to communication.

We are currently in the middle of building a fresh batch of Seagull 78s for AtariAge and also our own stock. I should have pressed the "out of stock" button on the Edladdin store sooner to avoid confusion, but I have done so now.

We are going to send the first chunk of this batch to Albert so he can catch up with everyone, then we will do the same on our end. So your soonest option will be to check back at the AA Store. I will post a note here when we make the shipment as a trigger for anyone interested in making the purchase.

THANK YOU for your interest and support!

Ed

Just got a PM from Ed that they are back in stock in the Atari Age store. I have put 2 on order! Can't wait to start playing the 7800 with a real controller like the Sega Genesis game pad or Sega 6 button arcade stick ^_^ as opposed to the Atari 7800 Proline controller aka '"The Atari Fisher-Price - My First Video Game Controller".

• Like 3

Oh Lordy how they messed the 5200 controllers up so badly and then repeated the SAME MISTAKE AGAIN on the 7800?

Of course the painful 7800 controllers are horrible in new and creative ways, much different from the horror of the 5200 non self-centering nightmare.

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 1

Oh Lordy how they messed the 5200 controllers up so badly and then repeated the SAME MISTAKE AGAIN on the 7800?

Of course the painful 7800 controllers are horrible in new and creative ways, much different from the horror of the 5200 non self-centering nightmare.

Also it was a big step backwards in design not having the buttons for pause, start, and reset on the controllers like the 5200 had established. This gave the Atari 7800 a huge disadvantage compared to the NES since you had to be right within inches of the console, and couldn't use the buttons for in game mapped functions as additional buttons for a game when more than 2 buttons were required with more complex games.

Its my opinion that the 7800 controllers were even WORSE thanks to the positioning of the two fire buttons on opposite sides - the same mistake as the ColecoVision. Ergonomically, this is a nightmare, as you have to use your three weakest fingers to hold onto the body of the controller while keeping your thumb and index fingers "loose" to fire the buttons, which is a weird claw movement. And then your other hand on the stick is mechanically working against those three weak fingers whenever you make a joystick movement. Its terrible, and its clear that no actual gameplay enthusiasts were involved in the design process. :-(

• Like 2

The intellivision is the worst as they use number pad buttons to shoot things.. never had a problem with painline unless the game did not have auto fire.

In the european mags they wish their 7800 had proper joysticks not like the nes like pads they got.

IMO Men dont use pads.

Intellivision controllers were not as bad as the 5200 controllers. Far more reliable and not as many ruined game experiences:

It seems there’s clearly no system that can match the 5200 in titles ruined by controllability issues.

Good-to-great games ruined by the (at times) horrible controller! Just read the game review sites if you haven’t played them all. Tough to get past controllability issues.

That said, there’s also the durability problem.

All of my vintage Intellivision controllers (six or so) seem to continue to work. If you purchase or find a 5200 these days you can pretty much guarantee BOTH controllers have multiple failed elements: Fire buttons, stick, number keys, etc.

Ever since I ordered my bohoki PC Gameport adapter for the 5200 I’ve had zero reason to use anything by a Gravis Gamepad or Joystick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro