IGNORED

Missing in Action (Prototype)

Atarifever

I've been playing this one again lately. I got one of a limited run of these some years ago (I got number 6 apparently) and played it a bunch back then. I was away from the community for a couple years and was wondering if there was ever an updated version of this released with any of the rest of it finished or anything. As I said at the time, it's better than much of what did release on the system, so it is disappointing that it got so far and then didn't get all the way completed back in 1989.

I've been playing this one again lately. I got one of a limited run of these some years ago (I got number 6 apparently) and played it a bunch back then. I was away from the community for a couple years and was wondering if there was ever an updated version of this released with any of the rest of it finished or anything. As I said at the time, it's better than much of what did release on the system, so it is disappointing that it got so far and then didn't get all the way completed back in 1989.

Yeah, same here. There used to be a detailed walkthrough on how to get through the whole game (which you needed, because several areas literally have you dying by falling thorough 'solid' floors) too.

It's not bad at all. With a bit more polish, it would have been a killer app.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, a favorite piece in my 7800 collection is the repro Missing in Action cart I got from Shawn a few years ago. I'm a total sucker for 1980s action flicks, movie-based games, and beat-'em-ups, so the game was pretty much directly up my alley anyway. But the fact that, even in its unfinished state, it's impressive and actually good, that just makes it all the better! I normally wouldn't include a proto, especially an unfinished one, in a list of favorite games for a console, but I really would throw MIA amongst my top 7800 titles. It never actually being released is a genuine shame, because it was absolutely the sort of title the 7800 needed.

Edited by King Atari
  • Like 1