Missing in Action (Prototype)

9 replies to this topic

#1 Atarifever OFFLINE  

Atarifever

Quadrunner

• 5,095 posts
  • Killer of Robotrons

Posted Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:51 PM

I've been playing this one again lately.  I got one of a limited run of these some years ago (I got number 6 apparently) and played it a bunch back then.  I was away from the community for a couple years and was wondering if there was ever an updated version of this released with any of the rest of it finished or anything.  As I said at the time, it's better than much of what did release on the system, so it is disappointing that it got so far and then didn't get all the way completed back in 1989. 

#2 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,206 posts

Posted Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:56 PM

If this had been finished by one of the talented programmers here, I'd have a copy of it on cart. So no, only the incomplete prototype exists - which is a cryin' shame. :(

#3 RugglesTx OFFLINE  

RugglesTx

Chopper Commander

• 190 posts

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:01 PM

If this had been finished by one of the talented programmers here, I'd have a copy of it on cart. So no, only the incomplete prototype exists - which is a cryin' shame. :(

Id buy one as well. Classic 80s action cheese!

#4 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 4,425 posts

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 PM

Id buy one as well. Classic 80s action cheese!

Everyone would..cept people that know nothing about Chuck.

Edited by Jinks, Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:41 PM.

#5 RugglesTx OFFLINE  

RugglesTx

Chopper Commander

• 190 posts

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:40 PM

Watched Expendables 3 again recently, Chuck still has it. He was awesome in that movie.

#6 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,206 posts

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:27 PM

The game stands on its own merit. That it's a Chuck Norris game, is icing on the cake. :)

#7 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 4,425 posts

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:32 PM

The game stands on its own merit. That it's a Chuck Norris game, is icing on the cake. :)

You like it that much huh?

#8 Lord Thag OFFLINE  

Lord Thag

River Patroller

• 3,506 posts
  • We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 PM

I've been playing this one again lately.  I got one of a limited run of these some years ago (I got number 6 apparently) and played it a bunch back then.  I was away from the community for a couple years and was wondering if there was ever an updated version of this released with any of the rest of it finished or anything.  As I said at the time, it's better than much of what did release on the system, so it is disappointing that it got so far and then didn't get all the way completed back in 1989. 

Yeah, same here. There used to be a detailed walkthrough on how to get through the whole game (which you needed, because several areas literally have you dying by falling thorough 'solid' floors) too.

It's not bad at all. With a bit more polish, it would have been a killer app. 

#9 7800Lover OFFLINE  

7800Lover

Dragonstomper

• 505 posts

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:30 PM

I guess the game didn't get made because they couldn't find a cartridge strong enough to hold Chuck Norris.

Sorry...I couldn't resist that joke. 

#10 King Atari OFFLINE  

King Atari

Quadrunner

• 5,324 posts

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 PM

You know, a favorite piece in my 7800 collection is the repro Missing in Action cart I got from Shawn a few years ago. I'm a total sucker for 1980s action flicks, movie-based games, and beat-'em-ups, so the game was pretty much directly up my alley anyway. But the fact that, even in its unfinished state, it's impressive and actually good, that just makes it all the better! I normally wouldn't include a proto, especially an unfinished one, in a list of favorite games for a console, but I really would throw MIA amongst my top 7800 titles. It never actually being released is a genuine shame, because it was absolutely the sort of title the 7800 needed.

Edited by King Atari, Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users