IGNORED

atari 5200 middle aluminum peice

Zack

hi i recently bought an Atari 5200 and the aluminium piece in the middle is slightly bent and is coming off. does anyone have any recommendations as for what i should do? is there any way to get it off and bend it back or can i buy a new piece anywhere?

New ones aren't available that I'm aware of...but you can remove the original without further bending it if you are really careful.

I did this once by accident using a citrus cleaner I get at Wal-Mart called De-Solve-It. It is great at removing tape residue and permanent marker etc. But it will also eat the adhesive from stuff like crazy. So... if you got some of that or another similar type cleaner, you should be able to saturate it around that metal plate and slowly work your way to getting it off of there. But you will want to let it soak in for a while before tyring to remove it.

After you have it removed, you should be able to "reform" it back into shape and then completely clean the case and reattach it with some strong adhesive/glue.

Hmmm. I ve been hesitant to install mine as of yet... My case is kinda scratched up even after sanding and buffing, and I had to paint the rear door. I m thinking I want to save it for a nicer case.

Would you be interested in selling? Mine is perfect except the middle price is Bent

Would you be interested in selling? Mine is perfect except the middle price is Bent

Bud, even if I did think of selling, I gave kind of a premium for it convinced that I "had" to have it. I would never, ever get my money back. I think it s one of those items that I m going to have to install and be happy that I got a NOS one instead of thinking of what I spent on it.

Bud, even if I did think of selling, I gave kind of a premium for it convinced that I "had" to have it. I would never, ever get my money back. I think it s one of those items that I m going to have to install and be happy that I got a NOS one instead of thinking of what I spent on it.

do you know of anyone else who might have one to sell