Photo

Horizon Ram Disk

27 replies to this topic

#26 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

River Patroller

• 2,202 posts

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:13 AM

Speed is probably a HRD's greatest/best attribute.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker, Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 AM.

#27 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

River Patroller

• 2,202 posts

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:42 PM

I am going to have to do a bit more research on this as I am getting some odd behavior.  There may be a cabling issue in play as I have had the PEBox open and tried to pull one floppy out of the system so I could put the DREM in the bay besided the other floppy.

Between adding the TIPI, a HRD, and then the DREM, there has been a lot going on with that system.

Beery

I wonder if the MENU and MDM5 are starting their CRU scans at different bases. Perhaps MDM5 is getting confused by the presence of more than one DSKx in the system.  Did you try accessing the floppy drives as 5-8 on the off-chance MDM5 bumped the assignments?

#28 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 578 posts

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:58 PM

It wasn't MDM5 bumping the assignments.  I was trying to load MDM5 and DSK1 would spin sometimes, but nothing would load.  I pulled the TIPI and the HRD, and not until later when I started to move the DREM into one of the drive bays, did DSK1 go from working sometimes, to no tworking.  I've probably got a cable issue, but have not chased it down yet as I am waiting on 3.5" enclosures to come in as I moved the other unit over to the Geneve.

Beery

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users